• Other

Votes: 72 32.3%

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Definitely the Rozzers.

Can't stand it when I hear young people refer to them as 'the Feds'. Disgraceful. No understanding of the etymology of a nickname.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Polis, sometimes, although if it's the only Scottish word in a sentence it usually sounds a bit out of place.

:lolol:

Funny how some things - just a single word, or a phrase - can transport you straight back to your childhood and spark something you had completely forgotten. Your post instantly took me back to childhood car journey's with my dad, who's from the east end of Glasgow.

Anytime we saw a marked police vehicle he would say, "Och, won't ye luke - it's the polis."

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just seen about 10 of the filth on Lyme seafront, thats unprecedented round here, something kicking off with boozed up louts.

:nono:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I call them my Clients, as I do work for Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex Constabulary and have done for many Years.

Rank and File don't half look young these days... :lolol:

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Generally I would say the"the police" but I do say"old bill" a lot and also"copper"in the context of"he/she's a good copper".I also say "the Great British Bobby "quite a bit too.i cannot stand "filth""pigs""oink oink I smell bacon"I find these phrases juvenile and cringey.anyone using these phrases I instantly classify as low iq,not much class,and someone I would avoid.i also say we have "the best police force in the world"a lot too.we are lucky to have them,it's just a shame governments won't let them off the leash a bit more and really get stuck in to some of these villains.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It’s been along time since I called them anything other than The Police, the last time I helped the Police with their enquires was 1989 and that was on a drunken disorder charge which to this day remains on my Enhanced DBS certificate! ( It doesn’t go away) [emoji23]

I have nothing but respect for the Police especially in the current climate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here