Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we think of Andy Naylor's article about Dick today?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The piece under discussion might give you a hint....

Journo's are meant to be objective and dispassionate .... everything the piece is not. Naylor hates DK and is using this as his chance of sticking the knife in, something that he should be above.

Not true at all. You're confusing news writing with opinion pieces. Naylor is clearly writing a first-hand account of his relationship with DK and the way he sees recent events. More illuminating, probably, than a factual timeline of the past 12 years.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
More illuminating, probably, than a factual timeline of the past 12 years.
Maybe. To me, his downplaying of how he saved the club had a distinctly sour air of "apart from that how did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?".

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
You're confusing news writing with opinion pieces. Naylor is clearly writing a first-hand account of his relationship with DK and the way he sees recent events.

You're obviously intelligent enuf to critically analyse what Naylor writes,not taking everything he says as fact. Unfortuneatly others are not in the same position.

I dont like the way the media shapes society.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not true at all. You're confusing news writing with opinion pieces. Naylor is clearly writing a first-hand account of his relationship with DK and the way he sees recent events. More illuminating, probably, than a factual timeline of the past 12 years.

I didn't realise that he was employed by the Argus to spout of his personal views, I thought that he was meant to be a professional who wouldn't let anything as trivial as personal opinion get in the way of his objective writings ..... obviously mistaken.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Not a particularly balanced account. Giving so few words to the most important fact of all - that DK saved this club - is nothing short of a massive insult to what DK achieved here. Which chairman in the football league hasn't had arguments with managers and the media.

I don't think it did justice to the greatness of DK one little bit.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
The piece under discussion might give you a hint....

Journo's are meant to be objective and dispassionate .... everything the piece is not. Naylor hates DK and is using this as his chance of sticking the knife in, something that he should be above.

And even if this is true, isn't it ridiculous to call someone a cu*t for doing that?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And even if this is true, isn't it ridiculous to call someone a cu*t for doing that?

There are many on here who dont like Naylor because he is not a Brighton fan. He doesn`t pander to the club like they want him to. The Argus has upset some fans and even the club on more than one occasion - so what ?
That account is from his personal views over the last 12 years.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There are many on here who dont like Naylor because he is not a Brighton fan. He doesn`t pander to the club like they want him to. The Argus has upset some fans and even the club on more than one occasion - so what ?
That account is from his personal views over the last 12 years.

He should save it for his autobiography and just report the facts. I don't like him or value his opinion

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There'll be a Dick Knight Stand, and there's nothing Andy Naylor can do about it. On the other hand there'll never be an Andy Naylor Stand.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There'll be a Dick Knight Stand, and there's nothing Andy Naylor can do about it. On the other hand there'll never be an Andy Naylor Stand.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I do hope that Tony bloom is not that stupid as to miss out on sponsership of one of the stands and name it after Knight. If any Chairman deserves it it is Bloom or Bamber.

It would be interseting to find out if Knight has made any money out of all this?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It comes across as more of personal comments rather than a review of DK's period at the helm of the club.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He should save it for his autobiography and just report the facts. I don't like him or value his opinion

The truth is that Knight could be an awkward, prickly old git at times and Naylor mentions this. They`re facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here