Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we need a new stadium for.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
What do we need a new stadium for?

Quite simply, to move forward. Without it we'll be forever going backwards. Do you know how much the club are losing (moneywise and supportwise) at Withdean? Do some research and you'll find out why Falmer is essential.

Yes we all know this,but its still disappointing to see unsold seats for such a big game,hope falmer sorts this,even with the Poyet factor there still seems alot of people who have given up going,Withdean has always been a excuse wonder what it will be at falmer.:ohmy:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
5,000 supporters stay away from falmer claiming claustraphobia as the main reason,thier spokesman said its ridiculous we have to sit in a state of the art stadium with superb accoustics and cushioned seats , we as a group of hardened brighton fans shall not be returning until the roofs are removed and the numbers have slid off the seats.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are you really that stupid that you need it explained to you?

:wozza:

Is that a rhetorical question? Clearly, too stupid to consider the dire weather forecast for yesterday-but of course, that won't have had any influence on attendence:facepalm:

What is it with the moaners on here? We lose at home to the league leaders and all the doom and gloomers are attracted here like dung beetles to a freshly dropped turd-and after only one defeat under a new manager.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What is it with the moaners on here? We lose at home to the league leaders and all the doom and gloomers are attracted here like dung beetles to a freshly dropped turd-and after only one defeat under a new manager.
:clap:

Like the dung beetle imagery. A good name for the miserabilist whinge army.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I also think there's some 'big game' fans out there who feel it is too difficult to get a ticket and all this stuff about being on the clubs database, memberships etc.

Interesting points about Derby. Some years ago they were in terrible trouble and their gates were pretty low as they slid down the leagues and always seemed on the point of collapse. now their fans have top facilities and maybe value even more what they almost lost.

Those 30,000 weren't turning up in the dark days but they were still there. I think we still have the fan base waiting to come back.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Football will be way down the priority list for this stadium. In order to make any kind of money back they will have to focus most of their attention on gigs and events unrelated to football. Perhaps the odd day trip for confused children.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've been to Withdean in the rain too many times for my liking. These days I look at the weather forecast before I even think of going, no way would I bother when the forecast is like it was yesterday.

But give me a ground with a roof and half decent facilities and I'll be there along with thousands of others who feel the same. I may not be a diehard, all weather fan but I will be there far more often when Falmer's built!

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
What a ridiculous post. Were you at the game yesterday? Did you get soaked through to the bone? Watching football in the winter rain & wind with no roof at that dump we have to call our home is why we do not sell out. Simple as that. Not to mention the high ticket prices for the privlage of doing so.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Sten no doubt sits in the covered area,Its amazing that we can attract 5/6000 through the turnstiles after the past two seasons when we have won very few games and the standard of football has been at a low level.
We could probably attract 10/12000 gate at Falmer if we are in the Championship.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Once we get a good team people will come back. All it will take is a promotion season and they will be fighting for tickets. The year we went up under Taylor, they rekon there was demand to sell out The Withdean 3 times over.

It might not happen next year, it might not happen in 5 years but when it does we will have the resources to hold a higher position, and people will be interested again.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Football will be way down the priority list for this stadium. In order to make any kind of money back they will have to focus most of their attention on gigs and events unrelated to football. Perhaps the odd day trip for confused children.

Gigs won't be top priority though. They are limited to 1 (or 2) a year.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Said it before and will say it again,i know so many people who Never/rarely go to Withdean but will go to Falmer.We will not have a problem getting decent crowds there.

So many more 'neutrals' will go as well.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Another thing to add to my previous post is something that Tony Bloom said. This ground isn't just for the near future, it's for the next hundred years, it's for our children and grandchildren. Reading are proof of how quickly you can build a fanbase.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Said it before and will say it again,i know so many people who Never/rarely go to Withdean but will go to Falmer.We will not have a problem getting decent crowds there.

So many more 'neutrals' will go as well.

100% in agreement.
i have at least a dozen mates who very rarely go but will become STH at Falmer.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Sten no doubt sits in the covered area,Its amazing that we can attract 5/6000 through the turnstiles after the past two seasons when we have won very few games and the standard of football has been at a low level.
We could probably attract 10/12000 gate at Falmer if we are in the Championship.

South stand actually,hey i,m not moaning just abit concerned that we can,t get more through the gate for these big games:down:

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
Because the albion have had big crowds in the past, have a catchment area the envy of most clubs and if they get it right the albion will again be a top flight club. Not many clubs would have had any fan base at all after the last 15/20 years.Club has serious work to do however and need to stop recruiting ex footballers to run its marketing operations and instead get professionals in

You couldn't make it up could you, really. Oh you forgot Champions League domination as well. One place away from div2 is the reality!:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here