Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do people think are the real reasons why we play friendlies?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No but like every Amex match tickets will be able to be purchased online and print at home up to a few hours before the game, or even possibly a few minutes if you use a mobile to scan the bar code for entry.

Every Amex game (except the sell-outs) has tickets available at the ticket office too.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The other thing that rarely gets mentioned, is that you don't know what the teams have been doing in training prior to the game.
During the proper season they'll have a light session the day before and focus mainly on tactics but in pre-season they've probably been training on the day of the game, hence why everyone plays at a trot like they're knackered!

I don't understand why people bother, unless you've got nothing else to do and treat it for the kick about that it is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't remember the last friendly I bothered with, I've not been to one during the Amex era. I just can't get "up" for them.

Actually, that's a lie. I've just remembered I went to Kuipers testimonial vs Reading (wooo hooo), but that was only because I ponced a freebie to the 1901. I got so MASHED I can't even remember the score, but I think it was moderately notable for our first look at Bruno.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think the attendance will prove that lots of people don't share your view. Each to their own though, I've put my 15 quid towards a Derby ticket [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fine, like I said it all about choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here