[Albion] What do members of the fan advisory boad think of the new shirt?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that even possible, I mean the club must be monitoring NSC and clearly see it is not popular among the good folk on here.
I guess, we on here are taken with a pinch of salt and the real judge is when it hits the store and figures are drastically under their predicted figure of sales.

Can clubs change shirt mid season.

I find it hard to believe the club are focusing this shirt on the xxxxxxxxxl market.

Will kids insist it's bought for them - yes.
Are parents incapable of saying no - yes.
Will the shirt be a success - yes.

I'll hazard a guess the Not Red and Celeste shirts will do rather well among in the 'x' market.

So everyone's a winner and then next season they'll return to authentic stripes (which will also be hated on NSC).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I find it hard to believe the club are focusing this shirt on the xxxxxxxxxl market.

Will kids insist it's bought for them - yes.
Are parents incapable of saying no - yes.
Will the shirt be a success - yes.

I'll hazard a guess the Not Red and Celeste shirts will do rather well among in the 'x' market.

So everyone's a winner and then next season they'll return to authentic stripes (which will also be hated on NSC).

There is the issue of how the H will look at full stretch across the average xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl fan's stomach.

Not well, I suspect.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Picked up my free one today under the shirt swap scheme. Not so bad in reality, and my 8yr old grandson looked great in his. I must admit, the crimson/orange one feels better quality, looks better and fitted better, but I wanted the home kit. However, it's possible I might still swap for the Away.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have seen new home kits for some of our competitors and they look premiership standard. Ours, sadly just looks crap. Need to change this ASAP!

Totally agree - it's trying to hard....too much going on .... basically its crap.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm asking because one member (or ex-member) of the fan advisory board says - and I quote - "everyone loved it” when given a sneak peek of the shirt a few weeks ago.

The kind of 'feedback' which led to it being signed off in the first place, I guess...

Ho hum.

Irony.

Presumably it would have been too late to change it even if they had hated it?

However, the fact they loved it clearly means they shouldn't be involved in any future decisions over the kit!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we finish above 9th I don't care what we wear

Is the correct answer.

And I'm looking forward to slipping into my new shirt. ???

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If you believe what is posted on Twitter, then yes they did have a preview about 3 weeks ago, and were told not to mention it publicly (no problems with that). Twitter also mentions that all the reps liked the shirt.

If they all liked the shirt, was this because in the early days of the role, they didn't want to saying anything negative. If this is the case hopefully they will gain the confidence to speak up up later meetings.
Alternatively they are totally out of touch with the majority of supporters who have voiced their views on not likely the shirt design. If this is the case then there clealry needs to be an open door for them to gain knowledge of supporters who don't share their views.

No doubt PB will be both expanding on the Fans Reps at the fans Forum as well as dealing with questions from the floor,

If they effectively signed off the shirt then it looks like they were shown the wrong one.

DavePage

I have seen new home kits for some of our competitors and they look premiership standard. Ours, sadly just looks crap. Need to change this ASAP!

I think ours looks very European, which is where we we will play next season.
So where is the problem.
I wouldn’t want to wear one but I’m 65.
But it doesn’t stop me liking the new look.
Once seen in action with a number and name in the white space it will grow on ya.
Friday 22nd July 2022 bounce at the end of the season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder whether we should have someone on the Advisory board with the specific responsibility for fashion advice.

A sort of NSC Gok Wan. Poll anyone ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Blimey, I doubt the members of the FAB had any idea as to the mandate of unofficially signing off merchandise and associated accountabilities.

Totally understand if any of them choose to stand down, now that the true has come out.

The fact this responsibility is assigned to a none paid role is simply scandalous and dare I say dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm asking because one member (or ex-member) of the fan advisory board says - and I quote - "everyone loved it” when given a sneak peek of the shirt a few weeks ago.

The kind of 'feedback' which led to it being signed off in the first place, I guess...

Ho hum.

Irony.

Ex Member, no longer named on the clubsite, in fact down to six named.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's an awful, awful shirt, which I won't be buying, but I only ever buy replica shorts or training tops to run in and then not very often. Don't do replica shirts and think anyone over 30 years old or 12 stone looks absolutely hideous in one to be honest. We will look a bit shit and some Palace fans will laugh on the internet.

However, in terms of actually gripping my shit it's WAAY down there*. Below World War Three, Liz Truss, the quality of the Women's Euros and what the correct name for it should be. Below what colour my next sofa should be, how I can beat my son at FIFA, why sausages have to be that shape, why people find Michael Macintyre funny, pondering the number of seagulls that actually die on flying ant day, and what would happen to them if they were breathalysed. Below trying to work out how much chocolate you get per penny now that Mars Bars are smaller. Below what record FBS will play to open his set or why I just couldn't be bothered going. Pretty damn low.

*unless I can't see the squad number from the WSU. Then, there will be blood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports