what do job agencies really mean.. rant #3

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
Yes you're right it is a bit :yawn: Just read the whole thread and see who actually started all this. I don't tajke abuse from overgrown school kids, you'll notice that Afters and Simster have flounced.
Do you know what a FLOUNCE is, frank?

It seems not. Someone has clearly hit you you round the head with the THICKY stick.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
desprateseagull said:
without naming any agency names, this is what i have encountered so far, each incident with different agencies... i registered in person, I did their various tests, and they have my CV, proof of ID etc.. preferred positins/areas were clearly listed..

1- put my details onto previous employer, for the job I had just left (Iwas surprised at the much higher rate being offered, too!)

2- arranged an interview, but gave company 'x' a totally bogus CV -nothing to do with my career history, at all. very confusing, embarrasing, and a waste of time/trainfare.

3- a London agency arranged an interview, which was 'cancelled' at last minute (I had left home by then, for the train..), as the firm had already chosen someone they saw the day before.. this was before mobiles were commonplace, so a wasted a trip to London.
- i did get fare refunded though, after giving them a #8@!#* piece of my mind..

4- calls from various agencies, offering 'great' jobs in worthing, h/heath etc, for little more than minimum wage.. despite me making it clear i needed something local. i would end up further in debt, just paying the train fare!

5- unspecified 'temp' placement durations- a week? month? they must have some indication from the employer, as to how long they may need someone.. i also need to be able to plan/budget ahead, people!

6- 'temp to perm' jobs. no such thing as a trial period nowadays then? and double bubble i guess, commission wise.. (on temp rates, then siggning on fee as it were, when made permanent too.. how come the people actually doing the job dont get a cut of this, as i suspect taken off any salary a company may have offered, if i applied direct.

7- agency offering (temp) rates LOWER than the company had advertised, as they can get you in for an interview quicker..?!

my apologies to anyone who feels put out, but this is how it is.

edited for rant affcted spelling..:censored:

I really have run out of sympathy for you. My first job hunting tip is to take some literacy classes.

I'll try and look at your 1-7...

1- put my details onto previous employer, for the job I had just left (Iwas surprised at the much higher rate being offered, too!)

Agreed - not on. However, you clearly weren't very good at your job if the salary had gone up - not the agencies fault. Are you sure you spelt your previous employers name correctly?

2- arranged an interview, but gave company 'x' a totally bogus CV -nothing to do with my career history, at all. very confusing, embarrasing, and a waste of time/trainfare.

Clearly an administration error. A massive pain in the as and shite but it does happen in all walks of life, even John Prescott's office.

3- a London agency arranged an interview, which was 'cancelled' at last minute (I had left home by then, for the train..), as the firm had already chosen someone they saw the day before.. this was before mobiles were commonplace, so a wasted a trip to London.
- i did get fare refunded though, after giving them a #8@!#* piece of my mind..

I totally understand your position on this. I would have expected to intercept your moving train or communicate with you telepathically. FUCKWIT.

4- calls from various agencies, offering 'great' jobs in worthing, h/heath etc, for little more than minimum wage.. despite me making it clear i needed something local. i would end up further in debt, just paying the train fare!

Not good, although I would consider Haywards Heath as local to Brighton - an easy mistake to make.

5- unspecified 'temp' placement durations- a week? month? they must have some indication from the employer, as to how long they may need someone.. i also need to be able to plan/budget ahead, people!

If they had timescales they would tell you... JESUS! It the COMPANY that dictates this.

6- 'temp to perm' jobs. no such thing as a trial period nowadays then? and double bubble i guess, commission wise.. (on temp rates, then siggning on fee as it were, when made permanent too.. how come the people actually doing the job dont get a cut of this, as i suspect taken off any salary a company may have offered, if i applied direct.

The company decides your employment terms, not the agency. Please engage brain. Permanent agency fees are a cost for a service and are not taken off the employees salary unless you are working for an unbeliveably shite firm.

7- agency offering (temp) rates LOWER than the company had advertised, as they can get you in for an interview quicker..?!

No, the agency is making commission on you. This is how it works. Have you not established this yet?!?!? If your grasp on the recruitment industry is this weak i suggest you stop posting drivel about it.

PS - thanks for your PM apologising for any offence just before you posted this. You will probably gather that i have taken offence.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
You don't know me and yet you start being abusive, get a life.

Never stops you though does it sunshine?... Oh no, hang on, you DO know who I am, "short, spotty and geeky looking" aren't I?...

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
When you get a bit older you might know the difference.

She'll also have achieved with a lot more with her life than you have. Not difficult, I realise, but still. :)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
bhaexpress said:
As far as being senile goes, don't start insulting people with disabilities, whoever they are.

You called me a leper earlier you f***ing hypocritical retard (and yes, I know that lepracy is a disease and dementia is a disability)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo, quick, ruuuuuuuuuuuunnn, Frank's going to 'start' on yooooooooooooou.

Pathetic.

Aren't you,, get involved with something you know nothing about, you sad little shit.

Do us all a favour, try Beachy Head for your next trip.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Jimmy Saville said:
You called me a leper earlier you f***ing hypocritical retard (and yes, I know that lepracy is a disease and dementia is a disability)

Yes but you're a fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy as people can see so what's you issue ? You're open season wanker.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
Never stops you though does it sunshine?... Oh no, hang on, you DO know who I am, "short, spotty and geeky looking" aren't I?...

Wrong again, once again, I know who you are and that describes you.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Aren't you,, get involved with something you know nothing about, you sad little shit.

Do us all a favour, try Beachy Head for your next trip.

EASY EASY EASY EASY!

:ifuckinglovewindingupfrank:

:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everyone hates you Frank you thick boring twunt. Now why don't you answer dwayne's question you sad old tosser?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
Is it worth living Frank?

Well Dwayne, at least I know what my ethnic origins are and if I had a sister I'm sure she would still be alive.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simster said:
Everyone hates you Frank you thick boring twunt. Now why don't you answer dwayne's question you sad old tosser?
Like people give a shit about you opinions. still you clearly can't take abuse so try to stay in your play pen.

Don't start abuse if you don't want it back you child.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
bhaexpress said:
Well Dwayne, at least I know what my ethnic origins are and if I had a sister I'm sure she would still be alive.

So not only are you having a go at everyone now you are starting on peoples dead relatives.

you really are a piece of work:(

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports