Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do I do .............................. .............................. .?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is only one answer, and I think the OP knows this and is just attention seeking.

How many footballers actually play for the team they support?

You beat me to it. Take the Charlton offer - it might be the only chance he'll get...

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Forget football, should he not be sent out to help Israel in their fight against the Islamic superpowers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sorry but you sound like a **** here. just coming across as boasting.

You should simpley encourage him and support him whatever he decides, its a big commitment not just him but also you, Trainning twice a week, travelling to games all around the south. As far as B'muff and Northampton on a Sunday morning.

No matter what people say on here, you already know what you are going to tell him and he will be chuffed. you are simply trying to enter a willy waving contest.

Apologies, for the above I didnt realise he was 18 I overlooked that. who has he played for before, he has done well to get picked out for trails at that age.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
My son (aged 18 years) has been at the FA School of Excellence this week. There are coaches from most football clubs from the UK, including BHA.

He has played his final match this morning & was desperate for the Albion coach to watch him (he has been an Albion fan & season ticket holder - for most of his life).

Yet, at the end of the match, the Charlton Athletic coach, has come over & asked him to train with them at The Valley (in October).

Big dilemma - how the hell can my son potentially play for a football club in the same league as ours?

What do I do? Big confused!???

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?307409-**-BHA-v-Bolton-**-Score-Predictor

Slightly OT, but why on earth do you link to the score predictor thread in every single one of your posts?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its football...my nephew played for...shuddering...Portsmouth youth set up.

My son's g/f's brother also played for Pompey youth, during their Premiership days. Son's g/f reports that whenever her brother went out in Pompey in his street clothes with his well-fit girlfriend, all the blokes ogled his girlfriend, whereas whenever he went out in Pompey in his training gear, all the blokes ogled HIM :lol:

Thanks for the advice - I will relay it onto him. I'm not in the remotist trying to be boastful (it is only a trial with Charlton), he hasn't been signed - however, his reaction was, as soon as he gets the written confirmation to contact the Albion (which could work both ways re the Charlton offer?). He lives & breathes BHA after all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He really should take any offer he gets, my eldest is 22 now and is still trying to get into professional football and has now resorted to the USA College system in the hope he can make a career out of it.

Slightly OT, but why on earth do you link to the score predictor thread in every single one of your posts?

Only to bounce the Thread up the Board - Believe it or not, I still get comments after more than 3 years, from some, as to where the Predictor is, why a match has been missed, because the Predictor has moved to Page 2. Can't win :ffsparr:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My son's g/f's brother also played for Pompey youth, during their Premiership days. Son's g/f reports that whenever her brother went out in Pompey in his street clothes with his well-fit girlfriend, all the blokes ogled his girlfriend, whereas whenever he went out in Pompey in his training gear, all the blokes ogled HIM :lol:

Bless .. haha...
Our boy was Danny Cronin..think he was good mates with Harding when they were younger....sadly, horrific leg break finished it for him...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Only to bounce the Thread up the Board - Believe it or not, I still get comments after more than 3 years, from some, as to where the Predictor is, why a match has been missed, because the Predictor has moved to Page 2. Can't win :ffsparr:

where's the link!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bless .. haha...
Our boy was Danny Cronin..think he was good mates with Harding when they were younger....sadly, horrific leg break finished it for him...

Son's g/f's brother was (is) Rob Desport. When he was released by Pompey he signed for Wycombe. The day after he signed for Wycombe he got a call from either AC Milan or inter Milan, forget which, saying they'd seen him on official video and asking him to come out for a trial :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks for the advice - I will relay it onto him. I'm not in the remotist trying to be boastful (it is only a trial with Charlton), he hasn't been signed - however, his reaction was, as soon as he gets the written confirmation to contact the Albion (which could work both ways re the Charlton offer?). He lives & breathes BHA after all.
I'd be boastful if it was my son :)

Good luck to him with whatever he chooses to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here