Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did you think of Ipswich Town?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought a couple of their more potent players this season- Mings & Bru- were off their game last night. Mings was kept quiet by Calderon & Bruno (how hard did Calderon work??), whilst Bru was anonymous & looked out of his depth.

As I've already said, that Teddy Bishop kid was good though. Bearing in mind he's still only 18 (?), he came on, demanded the ball, used it well, and generally made the rest of their midfield look like they couldn't be arsed.

I wouldn't mind if they went up, as it would give hope to teams like us that anything is possible. But it's hard to see how they'd survive. Not that I'm sure they'd care initially.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Disagree with the OP on the verdict of Brentford thought they were one the best teams at the Amex this season counter attack with real pace and looked like they could have scored more on a good day, but ultimately another season proving how closely match almost all teams are in this league.[/QUOTE]

I`m with you on this one.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
We weren't anywhere near our best last night and without our best player but don't let that take anything away from you. I thought you were significantly better than us and 3-2 suggests it was close. Which I don't think it was. What is interesting about is that when we lose we don't seem to capitulate which is a good sign.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Was surprised at how crap Ipswich`s defence was.
We gave them the right run around.

Murphy was a handful all night, Bishop had one good run through our midfield/defence.
Mings looks too tall to be a left back , surely he`s built to be a centre half or can`t he tackle?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I thought they were a reasonable team but where somewhat lacking last night. They didn't seem to be able to attack down the left flank, everything came down the right or through the middle which made it a bit easier for our defenders.

Soggy

Mar 22, 2013
Typical Mick M team good work rate and difficult to play against but saying that I thought we played them off the park at times. Didn't think they offered much up front apart from taking their chances when they came. We had more shots on goal. :albion2:Agree with El Sid!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought they worked really hard last night, pressuring our back six, if we had JFC in the middle rather than Taxeria I am not sure we would have been able to break them down and get forward so well.

By the same token COG did a great job at giving us an outlet and holding up the ball to bring players into the game, if it was CMS up-front then who knows.

I thought Brentford were a decent side with a cutting edge, but I still can't fathom how they have got away with a keeper whose kicking is consistently poor. Pretty much everything he kicked ended up out of play or to one of our players.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think we played well and luck was on our side a little, Probably the 3 best goals you will see all season bar Ince's volley at Swindon. Saying that we played well but lacked at the back.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
There is nobody in the Championship this season that looks like they would do anything other than come straight back down if they get promoted.

Yeah - but this time last season we were saying the same thing about Burnley, and they are starting to pick up some results. Previous year, we'd have said the same about f'ing Palace too.... and Swansea in 2011, I had them as nailed on to come straight back down!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Looked good in first 20mins and thought they were going to carve us open after their first goal. Thankfully Bennett got a bit more help and they didn't look as half dangerous down the right wing as we got on top.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Anderson had a stinker, so it was like playing them with ten men and they weren't even 10% inferior to us. This made Ipswich outnumbered effectively in midfield as well.

I think most teams raise their game at the Amex, but Ipswich looked over-coached to me and McCarthy-style conventional.

Daryl Murphy was always the striker I wanted to replace Barnes, ever since he scored before at the Amex in a truly dreadful game under Poyet.

Play-off semi-final defeat for them, I predict.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought they were a reasonable team but where somewhat lacking last night. They didn't seem to be able to attack down the left flank, everything came down the right or through the middle which made it a bit easier for our defenders.

Sitting in the East Lower, I can see just how good Bruno is. Best right back we have ever had. No team (even Arsenal) is going to get through on our left side. Not unless we are chasing a game and Bruno joins the attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here