Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did you enjoy more, getting to Europe or playing in Europe?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A lifetime dream for me. Marseilles and Athens were the highlight. Cities I have never visited before, beautiful weather, and some great results. Spoiler was thinking of all my friends along the way, who are no longer with us, and would have relished the experience.

I still think all our stars aligned last year and other than perhaps a League Cup win I honestly think it won't happen again. West Ham, Newcastle and Villa will be stepping up to challenge the big six and we will be well short. But who knows UEFA's cash cow could expand the Euro Conference and we could see top ten guaranteeing a European slot.
Or we just had a really good side and a top notch midfield. We’ve sold that on didn’t replace and here we are.
The last half of the season should be a warning to the club, if you don’t continue with investment you get this crap. Empty seats all part of the course.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
LOved last season and the giddyingly high position in the league. I loved the European nights at the Amex but the one Euro away game I went to (Marseille) was on par with the Palace 5-0 as the worst experience I've had watching the Albion (and I've been to Oldham). If we get to Europe again, I'll love the getting there but I'm going to watch our away games on the telly
I find it genuinely staggering that Marseille away could be your worst experience watching the Albion.

- First ever European away game
- Lovely weather
- Late equaliser
- Amazing stadium
- Absolutely ridiculous atmosphere for the entire game.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Marseille away and Marseille at home were fantastic. I’m struggling to think of a pair of games that would beat them having seen the Albion in all four divisions.
Such a special experience being at our first ever European away game. Not sure I can ever remember such a pissed up away crowd after a long afternoon in the sun. An amazing European game does beat a Premier League as we don’t play them often.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
As others have sort of said, I never thought I’d see my little old Brighton play in Europe so when we qualified, it was brilliant. And the whole European adventure - watching the draws, seeing us going into the Group of Death, the scramble for travel an accommodation…

… and then the games and trips themselves, all brilliant in some respects, some a bit difficult, but all so memorable. Wandering round those wonderful cities, seeing Albion everywhere, meeting some great locals in those places - just thinking of the whole Euro experience brings a huge smile to my face. As does the ‘Rotterdam’ song of ‘Tear gassed in Athens etc’, which will live with me forever, just brilliant.

I hope it happens again though not sure I could afford it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here