Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did YOU do at half time to change our luck?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I placed my seagull love review fanzine face up on the floor by my feet. Worked a treat.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I had spent the first half sat at my desk doing something really dull and ignoring my team.
The second half I was a lot more active going round and motivating my lethargic team, they achieved a lot after that.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
It was all down to me - my son has just gone to uni, so wasn't at the match. At half time, I texted him to say "The Albion could play all day and there will be no danger of us scoring...". Within 10 mins of the second half starting we had scored three... Its all down to me!!

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I also claimed, to those around me at the amex, during the early stages of the Huddersfield match last season, that aside from the Arsenal game, "the jury is still out on Ulloa".... within half an hour he'd scored a hattrick!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I drank many many Spanish beers in fact that many I do not remember or know how we got back to our hotel!!
At 1...0 down I was obviously depressed so turned to drink for help, it clearly worked!! The texts started to come through :) 1...1 I was a tad happier at 2...1 I was starting to celebrate, at 3....1 I was now on a roll and the beers were starting to flow! ! Also I was teaching a group of Spaniards & Germans how to sing.....ALLLLBIIIOOOONNNNN a good time was had by all :)

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Arrive! Stuck on a train at Clapham Junction for 102 minutes due to fatality on the line by the Gatwick Express immediately in front of my train - stopped 100 yards from the station.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just sat here thinking, FFS, not again. That seemed to work.

Though usually it doesn't......................

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well, I welcomed my first grandchild into this very wonderful world !!! :) :) :)
no chance of another one next week? :p

actually stuck the Calde T-shirt on at half time to check the sizing and stuff , but it was written in the stars as I switched back to jeans with the retro Bukta away top , first time the combos been used since the Burnley match!!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
all the evidence points to me winning the game.I left the lucky sweets in the car,i was going to just deal with it but at half time i couldnt take it anymore and purchased a packet from the candy station,i will be doing this at future games.

I may also have to moan loudly again.... WTF ....£1.70?just to keep the luck intact.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
My mate Bobbo bought some sour jelly sweets from the end kiosk in the UWS (south end) and we shared them between the four of us that sit together and a couple of the old boys whio sit behind us. It worked a treat.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It was my dad-in-law's birthday. We arranged a shout on the PA to wish him all the best. We then proceeded to proclaim that surely he wouldn't go home disappointed on his birthday, would he?

Worked a treat.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We had a 'who's round is it' mix up, so 2 different people in our group bought a round, so we effectively had 2 beers at half time. This seemed to work....

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Kevin from Crawley changed seats and moved fifteen rows lower in WSU the guy who owns the seat has only sat in it for half a game . Hoping he does not come back so Kevin can carry on in his seat. :thumbsup:

I moved from my seat in the second row of WSU at the southern end to sit with a friend in the northern end of WSU. Maybe Kevin had my seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here