Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did we think of Garry Monk?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think he's a good manager. The game would of been a better spectacle in dunk had scored and it was 11v11 still. Till then they had not really done much in the game but it would of forced them to come and try and impose themselves a bit more. As it was he kept it very tight, they kept their shape and hoped for a set play or a lucky break. Actually think the game may if suited us more as well.
Though DS bullied and ran the show from the CM against 2 talented but young CM players.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seems a decent bloke and is doing a good job at a basket case of a club that usually chews up and spits out managers every other week.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sums up how vital a manager is to a club. I'm still amazed Garry Monk got the chop at Swansea but their loss is Leeds' gain. I think he'll motivate them well when they finish in the play-offs as a lot of teams tend to freeze under the end of season lottery.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I think he's done very well with a side that most would have tipped to be bottom half of the table.

Unfortunately he lost to us yesterday, so I fully expect him to be dismissed Monday morning.

'arry to be given the chance to resurrect Leeds. The greatest manager England never had.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mercenary - What he did behind the scenes to help get Laudrup sacked at Swansea was ridiculous.

Also you want to just send him to a clinic to get the Herpes treated on his lip - Oh football Manager you meant ? He has done much better than I thought he would do

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Mercenary - What he did behind the scenes to help get Laudrup sacked at Swansea was ridiculous.

Also you want to just send him to a clinic to get the Herpes treated on his lip - Oh football Manager you meant ? He has done much better than I thought he would do

first rule for building a successful career, learn how to wield the knife - up/down left/right , forward/backward and keep a smile on your face at all time.

P.S. what did he actually do?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
first rule for building a successful career, learn how to wield the knife - up/down left/right , forward/backward and keep a smile on your face at all time.

P.S. what did he actually do?

Initiated a mini player revolt and went running to the Chairman like a little 5 year old kid in school telling tales

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing to do with quality of managers. Monk has only been there 5 minutes. When he gets time and his own team, then judge. (If he gets time) Better players decided last nights game.
Monk bought a spoon to a knife fight.
To your point, sure poor upper management has probably resulted in GM only having spoons in the cutlery draw, but he was doing pretty well with them before last night.

I saw nothing in the first 20 minutes to make me think the result would have been any different had the game stayed 11v11.

Hindsight says CH knew exactly what was coming.
He played Murphy and Knockaert with the express intention to run fast straight at them, coupled with Norwood's quick accurate passing to get the ball out wide ASAP, not to mention his dead ball crossing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I vaguely remember us almost signing him from Southampton back around the September 11th game at the Withdean. I think he was a reserve team player for then but played that night.

Blimey, you've got a great memory. You can remember things from 15 years ago that never happened.....

Saints.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTE =AZ Gull;7698261]Blimey, you've got a great memory. You can remember things from 15 years ago that never happened.....QUOTE]

I dont remember when it was but I also remember one of our managers being reported as interested in signing him as a CB from Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here