Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What date will our semi final be played on?

What date will our semi final be played on?

• 22 April

• 23 April

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Based on the poll results I have gone ahead and booked hotel rooms for the Sunday night close to Wembley, as I am also pretty certain it will be a Sunday game. No longer care what time it's played at. Cancellable ones of course, I am not that reckless!! :smile:

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Interestingly despite the assumption that as Man Utd play on the Thursday, that it has to be the Sunday, they were scheduled to play Chelsea on Saturday 22nd April at 5:30 (live on Sky) Given the precedent, it's probably in our interest to want the SF on the Saturday, but I still think it will be Sunday.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Interestingly despite the assumption that as Man Utd play on the Thursday, that it has to be the Sunday, they were scheduled to play Chelsea on Saturday 22nd April at 5:30 (live on Sky) Given the precedent, it's probably in our interest to want the SF on the Saturday, but I still think it will be Sunday.

No, it wouldn't have been on the Saturday:

17:30 Man Utd v Chelsea (Sky Sports)*
*Subject to change if Man Utd are in UEFA Europa League action on 20 April or due to their participation in FA Cup semi-finals

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
No, it wouldn't have been on the Saturday:

17:30 Man Utd v Chelsea (Sky Sports)*
*Subject to change if Man Utd are in UEFA Europa League action on 20 April or due to their participation in FA Cup semi-finals
Doh - missed the bit at the top of the Premier League website that opens as a new page! Sunday it is then.....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The Europa League business surely means it's Sunday. Even without that, it's by far the more attractive game which would point to Sunday for the TV companies too. Not going to be much interest in the City match after the first goal goes in.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The Europa League business surely means it's Sunday. Even without that, it's by far the more attractive game which would point to Sunday for the TV companies too. Not going to be much interest in the City match after the first goal goes in.
I believe the BBC has first pick of the semi final, and will undoubtedly choose us v Man U.

What I don't know is which channel gets to decide the date/ timing.

Would ITV want to have the Saturday evening game (kick off 5:30?) to segue into Ant and Dec or whatever. That presumably would be better for their advertising model.
BBC would then get Sunday afternoon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here