Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What changes would you make to the international football schedule?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lots of requests on this thread.

I think it's just fine.

Of course I would like some fries with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
None. Plenty of people enjoy internationals, and players love playing for their countries. It accounts for only 10 matches in a year (when there is no tournaments). Just because English fans don’t seem to enjoy them doesn’t mean they should bin them all.
Beat me to it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Keep it as it is but bring back the Home Internationals too.
Alas no time in the calendar for this. Also, I was in London in 78 (ish) when the jock's went mad. It was the epitome of why the UK was completely and utterly tin pot in the 70s.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Have a highly prestigious 16 team International tournament in Saudi Arabia every year and pay everyone involved squillions of dollars.

Obviously

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
As a 75 year old Englishman and STH......................I don't take any interest in the England games....................how is it rugby carries on regaedless of internationals ?
PS Notts County played today and won, regardless of one of their players representing Malta at Wembley last night !

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree with getting rid of Nations league. Too many teams in International competitions. Maybe World cup an exception but top 12 teams to qualify for European and other teams have pre qualifying competition with top 4 going through. Something needs to be done to stop so many pointless games. Same with European club compititions. Too many sides so again pre qualifying . Also stop farce of those finishing 3rd going into another compitition. Apart from clubs taking part no real interest until last 16

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
If we did away with all the friendlies, I wouldn't have time to catch up on the important things, such as the best UK comedy or Supergroups threads on NSC.

Seriously, weve now had 3 international breaks already this season. That is too many.
I too would ditch Nations League, and have groups of 4.
Even with the odd friendly, we could gain back two or three breaks over a season. Then we could actually fit in a proper midwinter break if needed

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Seriously, weve now had 3 international breaks already this season. That is too many.
I too would ditch Nations League, and have groups of 4.
Even with the odd friendly, we could gain back two or three breaks over a season. Then we could actually fit in a proper midwinter break if needed
We have a break in January already don't we?

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Make all international football amateur and don't tell me what the fixtures and results are. I'm just waiting for everyone to come home safely and play for Brighton asap.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have two longer breaks of three weeks between PL (etc.) games, one in October and one in March, plus one window in the summer for either a tournament or qualifiers. Ditch the nations league.

This allows the domestic games to have more momentum early, late and mid-season but still allows the important games to happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For the players health they need to be reduced.

When the season ends mid-May, the players should have no football unless World Cup or Euro’s/other until Mid July.

Get rid of the nations league plus no friendlies.

Groups of 4 teams only, with qualifiers for lower ranked nations. (Similar to how it used to be)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bring back The Home Nations

16 team World Cup and Euros

Limit the amount of friendlies

Create a separate tournament for the San Marino’s and Andorra’s of this world
We can call it the Scottish Premiership.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here