Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What car is this?

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
If you are going to be picky about it, it should be Citroën - although I have just noticed that the Citroën website does not seem to use it,

The two dots over the e mean that the oe is not dipthongised, so the o and the e are pronounced separately if one is being ultra precise. A French peron would pronounce it (slightly exaggerated) "citrowhen".

There is a name for the two dots, but I can't remember what it is. It is not an umlaut.

And don't argue. I've got a degree in modern languages.

Was the degree from the University of Buenos Aires????

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Was the degree from the University of Buenos Aires????

Are you taking the mick.......... ? Didn't you know Eva was French?

(makes note to go in to Wikipedia to change Eva Peron entry to show her to be born in a suburb of Paris.)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I don't think that's a VW Up as the light is too short.
Looks more like a 6n2 (mk3 ph2) Polo, however the bonnet looks too steep. :ffsparr:
But of course I may be wrong.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got stuck behind a 2CV all the way from from Lewes to Polegate last night, 35-40 mph; when he got to the Polegate lights, they were green so he stopped. As I drove past I shouted "salaud incompétent putain !!!"

(and no, I haven't got a degree in modern languages either)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If you are going to be picky about it, it should be Citroën - although I have just noticed that the Citroën website does not seem to use it,

The two dots over the e mean that the oe is not dipthongised, so the o and the e are pronounced separately if one is being ultra precise. A French peron would pronounce it (slightly exaggerated) "citrowhen".

There is a name for the two dots, but I can't remember what it is. It is not an umlaut.

I am so impressed by your extra picky statement.

I am sure your parents are very proud :bla::bla::bla:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am so impressed by your extra picky statement.

I am sure your parents are very proud :bla::bla::bla:

Rather than trying to be picky, I thought people might find it interesting, which some seem to have done. You didn't have to read it.

Both my parents died in 1970, so they will be blissfully unaware of it all.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Citroën have started pronouncing it as Sitro-en in their latest TV advert.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That is a 2cv6 Bamboo, very desirable version amongst 2cv enthusiasts, fully restored worth up to 8 thousand.

Eight grand for what amounts to a lawnmower engine, deckchairs and tinfoil ? The world's gone mad. You could buy a nice Humber Sceptre for that money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here