Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What can you buy for £14?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not that good however you were not forced to buy it so why moan ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm rather surprised that someone with a decent palate like you would even entertain putting muck like that into your mouth !

I will add that I didn't purchase or eat this product.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Absolutely disgusting. For 14 quid I could and have designed three course menus that would yield the industry standard 70% GP. The club really are pulling down the trousers of the 1901 members.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bangers and mash is fine, lovely meal (although possibly not the one in the OP, those sausages look a bit suspect) - but why would you add ONION RINGS, especially soggy, pallid ones?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Apart from the 1901 Club where you could spend £14 on the sort of meal that one's mother usually cooked for tea on washing day, hungry punters in the rest of the stadium would be challenged to find enough grub to spend £4 on. It really shouldn't take 85 minutes to track down a pie. Or most of half time to serve a queue of no more than 10 people with a pint of Harveys. Clearly the club is going for some sort of Epic Failures on the Catering Front Award.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
For my £14 ... £10 M&S meal for two inc wine. The other 4 quid on Andy Croft to be 1st scorer @ 12/1. This returns me £52 which is exactly how much I need to treat Paul Barber and two of his guests to Bangers 'n' Mash a la Amex (that'll learn him) And another £10 M&S meal for two inc wine tomorrow. Money well spent I think. :wink:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Think I might buy me a Goldmine,A bit more thought to The Swan,keep the burger and chips brigade in the car park and keep indoor bars for eating only and I think i could retire in 3 seasons time.

Apart from the 1901 Club where you could spend £14 on the sort of meal that one's mother usually cooked for tea on washing day, hungry punters in the rest of the stadium would be challenged to find enough grub to spend £4 on. It really shouldn't take 85 minutes to track down a pie. Or most of half time to serve a queue of no more than 10 people with a pint of Harveys. Clearly the club is going for some sort of Epic Failures on the Catering Front Award.
The half-time queue for a beer from one of the wheelie-trollies in the North Stand was, indeed, ludicrous. The poor girl serving had had no training whatsoever in how to pull a pint - although, fortunately, Lady B was able to give her a few helpful tips. And the set-up of the trolley offered nowhere to dispose of excessive froth from the top of the pint, other than to bend over and scoop it into a jug placed on the floor, using a spare plastic pint pot as the only way to retrieve the unwanted froth. A VERY slow process.

Mind you, I'm not wholly irritated by today's queues. The post-match queue in Dick's Bar was so slow to be dealt with, that, by the time I got served, the 10% cash-back credit had kicked in. Probably because it took a search of three different tills before they could find one that would allow the e-card to be used. Which is why I've had to check what they actually charged me for what I bought. At least that was got right (and I discovered the cash-back credit).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here