Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What camp are you in ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Like others, can't possibly answer this until the facts are known. I would love Gus to stay if he has done nothing seriously out of order except shoot his mouth off a bit, but think it is highly improbable.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Like others, can't possibly answer this until the facts are known. I would love Gus to stay if he has done nothing seriously out of order except shoot his mouth off a bit, but think it is highly improbable.

"Shoot his mouth off a bit" = understatement of the decade!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I didn't say I knew anything and stated that I'm still in support of Gus.

I agree you didn't say you knew anything but how would you know you're in the Gus camp (or weren't) if you don't know what happened? None of us have a clue and not sure how any of us can judge except on what we want to believe

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I agree you didn't say you knew anything but how would you know you're in the Gus camp (or weren't) if you don't know what happened? None of us have a clue and not sure how any of us can judge except on what we want to believe

I think Gus is a good manager and don't really want to change things Just wish things are sorted sooner rather than later for the good of the club which is more important than anything.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I just wish Poyet had gone about it a different way, a private chat with TB saying it was time for him to move on as he was desperate to manage in the prem and we could of had a wigan scenario with TB thanking him for his hard work and wishing him the best. Its time for a change for all involved, I am not condemning Poyet because I don't know what when on behind the scenes but the Reading situation with Brighton allowing him to talk to another club, marked the end of a beautiful relationship.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"Shoot his mouth off a bit" = understatement of the decade!

Yes, we know you don't like him. I don't think it's an understatement at all. What, explicitly, has he said that is so terrible?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Totally with Gus, after everything that he has achieved with, and for the club. I'm hoping that there will an amicable resolution to all this turmoil ASAP.

How can you be with that ungrateful piece of shit? Anyone who takes his side against the club cannot be a true fan. Amicable resolution? I hope the Club shaft him!

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
promotion not achieved= failure???

Dear Rev

This is what you said back in July 2012.......

For some reason i'm looking forward to this season more than the last one, ..........blah blah
Its not about the results as i feel it will be a hard slog to get top 6 ...................blah blah

What changed your view?

I would have thought that would be a success in your eyes given your dislike of modern football and even more new fans who don't remember us playing Bradford Park Avenue on a wet Sunday in November or whatever.

I think a guy who put £130 million in and wants to stop the £8 million a year loss might judge it as a failure:blush: and its his view that counts:wink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we know you don't like him. I don't think it's an understatement at all. What, explicitly, has he said that is so terrible?

If you don't know, then you are clearly so far up Gus' backside you can't make a reasoned judgement, so there is no point discussing it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Team Gus*

*Provided there is a public apology to the fans, Tony and the club and a commitment to the club long term. There are no Premier League jobs left for this man. Ambition does not need to be flaunted around like Caesar in the Rome senate, el punal is always close by to puncture the ego: "Et tu, Brute?" Gus needs to swallow his medicine and learn some lessons from an honorable man such as Moyes, he eventually got what he deserved through talent and unquestionable LOYALTY.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think a guy who put £130 million in and wants to stop the £8 million a year loss might judge it as a failure:blush: and its his view that counts:wink:

So do you know if Bloom views 4th place as failure then?

The £8 million loss isn't really relevant to this argument anyway because it's Bloom who sanctioned that money not Gus.

And given that we've spent most of our time in the lower leagues having been promoted from them just one year before, right now seems to be our natural home for the next few years and we're competing with 22 other clubs some with very wealthy owners and parachute payments, I think it would be fair to question whether promotion as a must-have is a fair and realistic target to set the manager.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If you don't know, then you are clearly so far up Gus' backside you can't make a reasoned judgement, so there is no point discussing it.

There are people on here who will have great pleasure in reminding you of your 'FACTS' when all is revealed, sir.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There are people on here who will have great pleasure in reminding you of your 'FACTS' when all is revealed, sir.

So you KNOW something? Do share...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here