Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What camp are you in ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am all for stability ("better the devil you know", "grass isn't always greener" etc etc) and if a compromise can be reached, then I would be happy with that.

camp Albion
and this

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Only one camp to be in, that's the BHA one.
Gus doesn't have a camp, not even a tent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some people could end up very foolish once the FACTS emerge

Indeed. And even those sources I might usually trust to normally have a clue, don't seem to have one on this occasion. Some of the speculation and gobbing off on here is totally embarrassing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I want Gus gone. He's the best manager I've ever seen here but it just feels that too much has happened - and I eally don't think Gus will have the heart for it anymore. Given that he does appear easy to talk about moving to other clubs, given that he and Barber clearly don't get on, given his comments after the Palace game I think it's best for all parties if we called it a day.

I won't feel the same way about him after those post-match comments. I could have gone with my children and friends to Wembley to see Brighton play. I doubt that will happen again whilst they are still children. I and many others were devastated, he was more bothered about picking fights over budgets.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Banjo - apologies my comment wasnt based on your original post but the one below it ...

No worries no need to apologies I was just interested in peoples opinions. So much crap on here guessing what was said/done. I like most on here I suspect would like things sorted out and sooner the better.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If Tony is happy to let Gus stay on then that's fine with me. He's the best manager we've ever had and has the potential to get better. Who knows, this whole debacle may even see him change his ways for the better.

Speculating over a new manager is always fun but as time goes on, it's hard to see a clear (realistic) candidate who could be better than Gus if he's still committed to the job.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm in the camp of "get it sorted and get a manager in that is here to complete the project" - i.e. get us promoted and consolidate that position. If that's Gus, then fine as long as he can show his commitment. Thus far his comments have suggested that he thinks Gus Poyet is bigger than Brighton & Hove Albion and that isn't good for the club. I'd need to see some signs of commitment if he were to stay.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that Gus and Tony can reach agreement for him to continue and finish our 5 year project if they cant for whatever reason then a parting of the way is probably the best option. Either way TB need to establish and make it known who is the boss and on who the final decision rests irrespective of who has to go to establish that.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Another in the camp of lets get it done quickly one way or another, although slightly edging toward new manager. Gus has upset some fans and they will turn at the first sign if a dip and gus wont handle that well, plus deep down how do we know he is 100% committed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus has blown it. What we think matters, but not as much as what Tony thinks. Gus is a dead-man walking with this club.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Btw I in the Gus camp. :thumbsup: and the sooner things are sorted the better.

How do you know that? None of us know what went on (or how long it had been going on for) prior to the suspension.

If there were some assumptions laid out then it would be easier to form an opinion (even if the assumptions were bollox) otherwise impossible. I could give you numerous scenarios that would soon change your view, equally as many that would consolidate it

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I want Gus gone. He's the best manager I've ever seen here but it just feels that too much has happened - and I eally don't think Gus will have the heart for it anymore. Given that he does appear easy to talk about moving to other clubs, given that he and Barber clearly don't get on, given his comments after the Palace game I think it's best for all parties if we called it a day.

I won't feel the same way about him after those post-match comments. I could have gone with my children and friends to Wembley to see Brighton play. I doubt that will happen again whilst they are still children. I and many others were devastated, he was more bothered about picking fights over budgets.
Nail on head for me this post. My signature say's it all about Gus in my view and I thought him very disrespectful to the fans, players and especially Tony Bloom with the Palace post match interviews.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
How do you know that? None of us know what went on (or how long it had been going on for) prior to the suspension.

If there were some assumptions laid out then it would be easier to form an opinion (even if the assumptions were bollox) otherwise impossible. I could give you numerous scenarios that would soon change your view, equally as many that would consolidate it

I didn't say I knew anything and stated that I'm still in support of Gus.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm in the camp of "get it sorted and get a manager in that is here to complete the project" - i.e. get us promoted and consolidate that position. If that's Gus, then fine as long as he can show his commitment. Thus far his comments have suggested that he thinks Gus Poyet is bigger than Brighton & Hove Albion and that isn't good for the club. I'd need to see some signs of commitment if he were to stay.
Pretty much the same as you Hamilton acedemicals,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here