[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ash - By the late great James Herbert.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
"Patrick Leigh Fermor: An Adventure" by Artemis Cooper - Boys Own stuff about a great adventurer and travel writer, and personal hero.

How about starting a NSC Book Group - probably been mentioned somewhere else on this thread though

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Pol Pot - The History of a Nightmare by Philip Short .... a really frightening, well written account of the Kymer Rouge's rise to power in Cambodia in the 1970s and a graphic unavoidable account of how they killed nearly 2 million of their own people pursuing and extending Mao's extreme communist ideals.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
HOMICIDE - A year on the killing streets by David Simon, creator of the HBO series the Wire.

He spent a year with the Baltimore homicide unit, as a journo he got unlimited access - good compelling read.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
The Condition of the Working Class in England 1844- Friedrich Engels. Amazing insight into the life of those who paved todays comforts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ash - By the late great James Herbert.

Is it about someone who collects red cards?

"Patrick Leigh Fermor: An Adventure" by Artemis Cooper - Boys Own stuff about a great adventurer and travel writer, and personal hero.

Personal hero of mine too. Not read the biog but will get round to it.
His Time of Gifts and Between the Woods and Water would be my Desert Island Discs book (if I could cheat and take both of them). He had a great life: lived to 90 and seemed to spend most of his time shagging, drinking and travelling.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Just finished the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Any suggestions on what I should move onto next? I'm open to all options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports