Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just finished The Black Echo by Michael Connelly. 1st of his that I've read and I'll certainly be working my way through the rest of them now.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have 2 Peter James books in my hand. Dead Simple and Looking Good Dead.

I believe they are the first 2 in the Roy Grace series. I have heard nothing but good things about his books so I am looking forward to getting started. I'm generally only a holiday reader so am having trouble actually picking them up but when I do I can smash a good size book in 2 days so just need to actually pick them up.

Robert Ludlum has written some good books, the only 2 I've read are The Icarus Agenda and The Sigma Protocol. Both good books from the author of The Bourne Series and very good reads!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just been given The Ashes According To Bumble for fathers day. Looking forward to reading that one.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Good idea to put book covers to the story. Makes it more interesting and might make the poster more likely to read and could the poster post if it's fiction or not as I only read non fiction.

Image.ashx.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Just finished 'The First Casualty' by Ben Elton, would definitely recommend it but only for the strong stomached, some of the descriptions of what WW1 was like are truly harrowing

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd like four or five books please for holidays. Must be on Kindle.

Nothing too heavy for the beach/pool please - Normally read Legal Thrillers a la John Grisham or the Alex Cross books by James Patterson.

Thank you!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Nothing too heavy for the beach/pool please - Normally read Legal Thrillers a la John Grisham or the Alex Cross books by James Patterson.

Thank you!

I quite like the Lincoln rhyme series by Jeffrey Deaver.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I've recently read some books by Robert Harris:

Archangel

Fatherland

The Ghost

The Fear Index

Which were all good page turners,

And Joseph Wambaugh's

Hollywood Hills

is an LAPD story of note too

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Thank you!

Any "Nordic Noir", but I particularly recommend the Camilla Lackberg, Jo Nesbo or Hakan Nesser books. Am currently reading the wonderfully titled "The hundred year old man who climbed out go the window and disappeared" by Jonas Jonasson. It's brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here