Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In Patagonia - Bruce Chatwin

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hitler 1936-1945 Nemesis Ian Kershaw Having read many books about the war thought should get to man who started it. Nearly 1000 pages. Fascinating and only up to 1938 so far.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Road to Little Dribbling - Bill Bryson

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My Secret History - Paul Theroux

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
What's everyone reading?

Don't know about anyone else, but I love reading, especially crime and naval fiction. Favorite authors are Ian Rankin and David Baldacci. Who else likes to read? Favorite authors?Current book you are into now?Last night I finished Nick Szczepanik's fantastic book about us which culminates with our promotion. Sure a lot of others on here have read it also, but if not I highly recommend it: https://www.amazon.com/Brighton-Up-Albions-Journey-Despair/dp/1785902393

Couple other BHA related books want to read eventually also.

This morning I started C.S. Forester's Hornblower series, looking forward to it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nearly finished Bob Mortimer's autobiography

Just started the second part of Steven Morris' memoir - this one about New Order.

I love biographies, also some way through John Lydon's, although it has gone on the back burner a bit. Same with one about Van Gough

Next up are Steve JOnes and Si Wolstoncroft's

I am looking forward to getting my hands on this as it is written by a mate of mine and fellow Brighton fan.

9781915122537.jpg

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/...ton/jesse-basset/paperback/9781915122537.html

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nearly finished Bob Mortimer's autobiography

]

Read it cover to cover in two sittings last week - flight to Bucharest from Heathrow and the return.

Entertaining, funny and unexpectedly moving, though fans of Big Night Out and WILTY will know quite a lot of it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Notes from a Big Country - Bill Bryson

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Judge's List - John Grisham

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A Carpet Ride to Khiva - Christopher Aslan Alexander

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jo Nesbo - The Snowman. I'm reading the books in order. This is the one that went to a movie. So far.....excellent.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Devil's Decade by Claud Cockburn. It's a superbly written dissection of the 30s and the various competing forces. It's a decade of hunger marches, the New Deal, the rise of Stalin and Hitler and the Spanish Civil War. And I haven't reached the ousting of a king yet. What a great read

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Boys of Summer - Roger Kahn.

A nostalgic read about Kahns' childhood growing up as a baseball fan in Brooklyn, then a more "interesting" time when he covered them as a journo during the Jackie Robinson years - when racism and segregation was still in full effect in the US. Still quite early into the book, but a great read so far.

20220720_085629-02_resized.jpeg

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On the Road Bike - Ned Boulting

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I recently finished (the audiobook version) of Eight Detectives by Alex Pavesi. The chapters alternate between short murder mysteries, and an overarching story of an agent from a publishing company discussing those stories with the author of them and how they represent said author's (supposedly mathmatical, though other than on or two passages it doesn't feel too mathsy) theory about the breakdown and permutations of the murder mystery genre. I quite enjoyed it. As is often the case with anthology-type stories some of the smaller stories with in are better than others, but it was interesting to see the variety of ways stories can go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His books are all awesome. Another great Scandinavian author is Jussi Adler-Olsen and his Department Q series.:thumbsup:

Without wishing to be intrusive, what's got you into the Albion, assuming you're a born and bread yank and not an ex pat? Would have sent a pm but these can be missed. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here