Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What BOOK are you currently reading, and would you recommend it?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I'm reading a few at the moment

Is there any reason why you are reading 6 books at the same time? I find it hard enough keeping up with one. Also, I find that if I'm enjoying a book then I don't want to put it down, so I wouldn't go an pick up 5 others.

Edit: Oh yes, I forgot, I'm reading VBA in Excel for Dummies. No, I wouldn't recommend it.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
1980 by David Peace (the guy who wrote The Damned United). Third part of his Yorkshire quartet (1974, 1977 and 1983 being the others). Absolutely superb stuff. Think James Elroy, but set in Leeds and about the Yorkshire Ripper murders.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have just recently finished A Painted House by John Grisham. No I wouldn't recommend it - pile of shite. Dull, dull and even more dull. The only reason I managed to finish the damn thing was I kept telling myself something MUST happen soon. It didn't.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
House Music, by Oona King - memoirs of her time in politics/Parliament before getting booted out by Galloway over the war.

Very honest, in no way your stereotypical politician, and a kind of 'How to Lose Friends and Alienate People' for Westminster. Much more bothered about trying to do some good than her own career.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is there any reason why you are reading 6 books at the same time? I find it hard enough keeping up with one. Also, I find that if I'm enjoying a book then I don't want to put it down, so I wouldn't go an pick up 5 others.

see I'm weird like that , I basically have spare reading material EVERYWHERE and a massive stack of books to read as well as three shelves full of previously read stuff

bit of a bookworm all said and done , normally I'm fine with remembering the story but normally what I'm reading is vastly different in genre

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Current Book

"Rogue Warrior of the SAS", the Col Paddy Blair Mayne story and his ww2 escapades. one of the most decorated soldiers of the war, DSO and 3 bars, and he didnt get these sitting in a command post, fantastic man fantastic reading.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
'The Strange Death of Dr David Kelly'(or something like that) by our friend Norman Baker MP.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
"3 Para" by Patrick Bishop (Re the 3 Para Battle Group in Afghanistan)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here