Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What board games do you play ?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I am a massive fan of board games. currently have Ticket to ride, Kingdom Builder, Pandemic, resistance, forbidden desert, Munchkin and Swords over camelot. Also have a few card games too like star flux and zombie flux.

Pandemic is a bitch of a game which is a cooperative game vs the game itself. I have played it on the hardest setting around 10 times and only won twice.
resistance is a great game for 5 - 10 players. gets the people around the table accusing each other and screaming bloody murder at everyone.

if your into board games the check out tabletop on youtube with Will Wheaton. he and a few mates play the games and explain as they play.

This.

I played Strozzi with some friends earlier this week. You can generally pick up some cheap board games from The Works - I got Strozzi for £3.98, and it's proved to be a big hit at the club I go to.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Trivial Pursuit. But winning all the time gets boring.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Monopoly- Brighton & Hove edition.
Monopoly- Empire, one of sons got this for Christmas, he likes it and says its a quicker game to play compared to the normal edition.

Sorry- very simple game for kids.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Cranium is hard to beat. Absolutely hilarious:D

This. A very good game.

I played Echelon on Christmas Day and it was fantastic, never heard of it before and wasn't sure about it but it was a good laugh and trickier than I thought it would be!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Another vote here for both Othello and backgammon, unfortunately I just never seem
to have time for those lazy Sunday afternoons like when I was a child, the world is just too fast these days.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Has there ever been a Chess / Football crossover game? Rooks down each wing, king to protect the goal, pawns trying to push up at the same time to play the offside trap...

It's got potential!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Has there ever been a Chess / Football crossover game? Rooks down each wing, king to protect the goal, pawns trying to push up at the same time to play the offside trap...

It's got potential!

Yes. I remember one from the 60's. Can't remember what it was called though.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Swords over Camelot? Is that the same as shadows over Camelot? I've only played that a few times but it was tough to win (not that that's a bad thing).

my sister told me about boardgamegeek which is a forum that ranks board games so you can find out the latest releases and how good people think they are

yep your right. its shadows over camelot.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Not sure if they are recent games or not but we played Logo and Dragons Den this Christmas. Actually had great fun playing them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else play, or played, Poleconomy?

I've not played it for years but found it again recently and intend to start playing it with my older kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here