What are you reading?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I love reading scary books like the ones written by James Herbert. Not so keen on Stephen King though. At the moment I only seem to have time to read the books for the course I am doing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't do fiction (what's the point in reading something that's made up? :salute: ) Currently reading Simon Murray's account of life in the Legion 'Legionnaire' and before that Archer's Prison Diary Vol II, both borrowed from Btn's glorious temporary library.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Turkey said:
Decided to finally use my Waterstones vouchers and got myself a copy of, 'The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time' by Mark Haddon. Apparantly it's very good.

Best book I have read in years ! fuckin fantastic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Recently read Frank Skinners autobiography, bit laddish at times but also very funny as well.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
For those that have not read 'Curious incident' it is written form the perspective of a 15 yr old boy with aspergers autism. Simply fantasic, you will read it all in one sitting.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah what are you Reading, just a tin pot 1st division club who steals the best players and manager from the mighty BHAFC.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Recently read Frank Skinners autobiography, bit laddish at times but also very funny as well.

Also recently read that, and did laugh out loud in a few times, especially the bit near the beginning where the girl writes in lipstick on his car after a gig......

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have been mostly reading..

The Simarillion by J.R.R.Tolkien, and Software Test Automation (Effective use of test execution tools) by Mark Frewster and Dorothy Graham.

So there you go.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
"Faster than the Speed of Light"

Thought it was going to be about Leon Knight, but turns out, its all about Einstein.

The Turn Of The Screw by Henry James

My first surprise was that it's apparently NOT a book about prison rapes.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
Don't do fiction (what's the point in reading something that's made up? :salute: ) Currently reading Simon Murray's account of life in the Legion 'Legionnaire' and before that Archer's Prison Diary Vol II, both borrowed from Btn's glorious temporary library.

Ah but I bet you watch TV. Films, drama, soaps etc etc... all made up! :salute:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Juan Albion said:
Just about to get back into John's Gospel, in the original Greek. Not so much for fun as for homework, though. :angel:

Alongside Strong's Concordance, no doubt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheeky Monkey said:
Also recently read that, and did laugh out loud in a few times, especially the bit near the beginning where the girl writes in lipstick on his car after a gig......

It was well written but I am not convinced all true.

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
I've just been reading the original Greek version of John's gospel too. Not that stimulating once you've read it four or five times, as I have, so to keep myself interested I translated it into Hebrew as I went along.

Now I've finished that, I'm reading Greavsie, the Autobiography.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
'A walk in the woods' by Bill Bryson. Great book. I like it better than 'In a Sunburned Country'. May not laugh out loud but definately smiling through most of it.

David

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
NSC and that's all I'll be reading until some plans are put together to influence Prescott.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports