Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Are You NSC's Expert On?

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
The middle names of England and Sussex Cricketers from early 1970's to mid-1980's.

Wisden and indeed TV/Radio would always make a big thing about a players full name and the initials always featured on scorecards. A public school thing one suspects.

Sadly seems to have died out. But the current Sky TV line up will always be known to me as David Ivon Gower, Ian Terrence Botham and Robert George Dylan Willis (he added the Dylan in tribute to his favourite folk singer). The public school dominated Sussex sides of the 70's had some corkers. Anthony Charles Shackleton Pigott and perhaps my favourite, John Robert Troutbeck Barclay.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The middle names of England and Sussex Cricketers from early 1970's to mid-1980's.

Wisden and indeed TV/Radio would always make a big thing about a players full name and the initials always featured on scorecards. A public school thing one suspects.

Sadly seems to have died out. But the current Sky TV line up will always be known to me as David Ivon Gower, Ian Terrence Botham and Robert George Dylan Willis (he added the Dylan in tribute to his favourite folk singer). The public school dominated Sussex sides of the 70's had some corkers. Anthony Charles Shackleton Pigott and perhaps my favourite, John Robert Troutbeck Barclay.

All those names for Pigott were wasted, he spent his whole career being called 'Lester'

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
"Agile" - in all its forms

But I'd rather not talk about it ...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Turkey

oh and Rye

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports