Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you looking forward to in 2019?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No, although I did see him at Love Supreme the year before last. He's incredible!

It was a hidden jazz thing she found on Trip Advisor or something. Essentially a husband and wife who'd gotten bored of the "stuffy jazz club" mentality go and hire a venue and put on a night every now and then. I'd never heard of the musicians but they were all brilliant.

Nice one and good luck with the double bass. I've a fretless bass guitar and just love the sound.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm looking forward to the email that says "We are offering voluntary redundancy". Hopefully sometime before Easter.

I also hope this year the Plantar Faciitis f..ks off.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Here are the things I'm looking forward to in 2019...

Drinking less, or not at all. I've just started the 'Alcohol Experiment' and it's already changing my thinking about alcohol - which is what I need.
Lose Weight, which always happens when I stop drinking.
Start running again, which just accelerates the weight loss and makes me feel so much better. I'm not a natural 'exerciser' and really have to force myself to, but afterwards I always thank myself.

Those three above will make me a happier person with a much more positive frame of mind.

Then....

Make more time to be with 'Mrs Nose'. The kids are at the age where they don't really need us - so it's time to be a couple again, instead of just 'Mum & Dad'.
Make more time to visit my best pal who lives in Nottingham, plus family who are scattered across Yorkshire and the North West. I don't see them enough and that makes me feel like crap sometimes.

and...

Start a new business! I'm in talks with a major name about a franchise and if it all pans out I'll be up and running before the Summer. If not, back to square one and I keep looking for ideas... I'm just looking for something to get my teeth into now. I'm bored shitless doing something which pays the bills but holds zero interest for me.

Finally... I'm looking forward to seeing the Albion finish way above the drop zone and keep improving - and I look forward to being here on NSC !! :thumbsup:

Good luck, lots to get stuck into!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
November for me when men grow their moustaches long. That’s so much fun.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Not at all - the wedding is the symbol and it's a celebration for everyone to enjoy, but there's a lot of pressure and stress on the bride and groom. It's expensive, too! The honeymoon is for yourselves. I wish you all the best, I hope the preparations have gone well and it's all arranged but if not, I'm sure you'll get all the help and need from the NSC community.

For me, I'm looking forward to enjoying my surroundings more. I regularly go to places I like, Rushden lakes for example, but it's felt like a token activity previously. Not any more, I'm going to enjoy going to places I enjoy being at and I'm going to spend less time worrying about the fortunes of others. I can't control the outcome of sporting events and I can't control the emotions of people around me. I'll continue supporting them but I won't be responsible for their happiness, or lack of. Also time to get back on the dating game, daunting but potentially exciting.

Thanks. Wont need NSC with my missus organisational skills trust me. I just dont like being centre of attention. I can live with that for a 3 week honeymoon.

Good luck with your plans :albion2:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How and what have you done there?

Double fracture of the wrist playing footie on wet grass without studded boots,stupid old git that I am!:D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I have one thing only to look forward to - the birth of my first kid...

Oh, and i guess perhaps taking that first kid to their first game at the Amex (by the end of the year when a little bit older-ish)!

:O

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Cant wait to get married this year and go on honeymoon. Is it bad im more looking forward to the honeymoon than the wedding itself?

No, the wedding day is important for all your guests but it's just the signing of a piece of paper legally binding you to a commitment you presumably have already made to each other. The honeymoon is the start of the rest of your lives together

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I'm looking forward to...

My first full year as a professional gambler having being made redundant four months ago. Since then I've made more cash than when I was going into the office, all tax free too.

Going to the Wednesday of the Cheltenham Festival to watch Delta Work win the RSA Chase and Tiger Roll retain his Cross Country title.

Playing golf on the Old Course at St Andrews in March, the downside of which, is that it is for my 50th birthday.

Watching England v Afghanistan at Old Trafford in the Cricket World Cup.

Plenty of short breaks away to enjoy the new lifestyle with the Mrs.

Getting my golf handicap down from 6 to 4 or 5.

Living the dream:)

Bookies laying a decent bet....as if:mad:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Watching our first grandchild grow up.......not too quickly, I hope; he's 4 months old.
Seeing our two boys get settled in jobs they will enjoy. Both graduates; one is in teaching and the other in PR.
Enjoying next Christmas lunch at our daughter and other half's new house. Will be a rest after hosting for so many years!
Getting back in the sea around mid April and enjoying another good summer.
Losing weight and drinking a bit less.
Never hearing the word 'Brexit' ever again.??????
Hoping all troubled souls I know and those I don't, have better mental health this year.
Albion to keep up the 'new go for it style of play'.
And finally, a forlorn wish, I am afraid; some relief from my wretched back pain caused by spinal stenosis.
Anyway, I hope all NSC'ers wishes come true, whatever they are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given the company tried a 2nd attempt at changing my pension, previously salary capped two years ago not sure if I will fully retire but drawing my pension.

Would like to still do some work but needs to be part-time and not disrupt watching the Albion I suppose......

Get tax advice....you can win and lose bigtime if you make the wrong choice.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am looking forward to...

Massive Attack in Bristol.
The Soundcrash Soul Funk Weekender on the beach.
Many hours cycling my MTB and road bike in the Pyrenees.
Visiting Lisbon.
The Swiss Alps.
Summer.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks, pension is fine I had planned to work another year after much much discussion decided to go as really lost the the will to live where I work at present.

Do you work for the Argus :eek:
(Good luck with the retirement BTW)

Starting a new career in the Navy after a year and a half of waiting!
Good for you, could've chosen the upper echelon class of service, like the RAF :D

Nice one and good luck with the double bass. I've a fretless bass guitar and just love the sound.

Could always do a turn in the Hop and Vine, most of their customers are deaf :D

2019 for me is to keep on working (o/t included) to pave that road to retirement.
Keep positive, (despite working with some right buffoons), enjoy life and spend more time walking :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here