what are the odds on Him ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones bullish over future
Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones has questioned the sense in sacking him because of the club's current poor run.

The Owls lost 4-1 at home to Watford on Tuesday and currently sit 23rd in the second tier.

I haven't become a bad manager overnight. I'm never fearful of my job because I'm good at what I do," Jones told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"Go get whoever you want in. Get Mourinho. He'll still be working with the same players."

He added: "You could bring someone else in but what happens if it doesn't work for them? You bring someone else in? The club has been through that enough times.

"Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to find out what the good times are. We have to come out fighting. I will and I expect the players to as well."

Wednesday have now lost their last five league games and travel to promotion-chasing Cardiff, who sacked Jones in May 2011, on Saturday.

Sounds like a dead man walking !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mourinho at Sheffield Wednesday would be AMAZING. I wonder where he heard that from.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He has a point though.

If he has a point, why do any clubs ever sack any managers? Surely if they are a professional manager then they aren't bad?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Could be 100's of reasons. Too much time off sick, stealing, clash of personalities with colleagues, redundancy.... Same as any other job. Every sacking doesn't have to be about poor performance. You could have the best 92 managers in the universe but 4 of them are still going to be bottom of their divisions.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

I think I might treat myself to a giggle and pop over to Owlstalk now actually.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He's right.

Some chairmen are just trigger happy thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Sometimes it pays off, others it doesn't.

If we got relegated it would be unlikely that Bloom would pull the trigger, the chances are that Gus would walk first. I don't think his ego could handle anything lower than Championship and he probably wouldn't be short of offers!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They're 23 and most of the points they have got were gleaned from early come-from-behind, high scoring wins. The fact is they've been in trouble from Day 1 and, bizarrely, things seem to have gone from bad to worse with the introduction of Bothroyd.

There's a good deal of quality in this division and very few "easy" matches. It almost feels like Wednesday believed the hype about being well-fancied pre-season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports