Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What an enjoyable watch...

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Was an enjoyable watch aside from the first penalty haha! Lallana, Veltman, White and Molumby all looked on it as well.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thought Alzate looked very good on the ball, Molumby will replace Stephens, liked what he was about. Veltmen got his foot in looks a good signing, White done what was expected, I thought Webster had a good game. Lallana showed a few special moments.

I still think we are lacking upfront. I thinks a matter of watch this space.

D

Deleted member 2719

In 50 odd years watching the Albion, we have never had a squad nearly as good as this one.

Some of the credit has to go Potter and his team for picking out the lads and bringing them on, none of those lads have disappointed me yet.

Never been so excited as an Albion fan to see us go toe to toe with the top 6.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It was a good clean catch and a rather unnecessary challenge by a Chelsea player (Giroux ?) that caused him to land awkwardly.

Yea Giroud.

Tbh reminded me of the Maupay/Leno things. Accidental.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm still buzzing.

Just to hear our club anthems being belted out. Brilliant. I've been walking around the house whistling "dunky's one of our own" to myself over the last 3 hours

To the 2500. You knew you had a responsibility and you made a good noise. Well done. It must have felt good after all this time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm still buzzing.

Just to hear our club anthems being belted out. Brilliant. I've been walking around the house whistling "dunky's one of our own" to myself over the last 3 hours

To the 2500. You knew you had a responsibility and you made a good noise. Well done. It must have felt good after all this time.

It was way better than I expected, and actually bodes well for when do get the expected 10-12k into the ground and spread throughout. It was so obvious the players appreciated it as well.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was way better than I expected, and actually bodes well for when do get the expected 10-12k into the ground and spread throughout. It was so obvious the players appreciated it as well.

Some interesting supporter psychology going on as well. In a crowd of 30,000, about 29,000 take the attitude "i'll leave it to someone else to make the noise". In a crowd of 2500, These fans thought "no. this is my job to make the noise and i'm not leaving this stadium without a sort throat".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some interesting supporter psychology going on as well. In a crowd of 30,000, about 29,000 take the attitude "i'll leave it to someone else to make the noise". In a crowd of 2500, These fans thought "no. this is my job to make the noise and i'm not leaving this stadium without a sort throat".

It was noisier than the WSL is when full.......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It will take some finding but a few weeks ago I suggested that I hoped this may be the case - those that are lucky enough to be there will feel a duty, of sorts, to really support the team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm still buzzing.

Just watched the Sky News report and it was loud and proud

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It will take some finding but a few weeks ago I suggested that I hoped this may be the case - those that are lucky enough to be there will feel a duty, of sorts, to really support the team.

There you go ...your post of August 18th

I think plenty of people will try bloody hard to create an atmosphere. In fact, although it clearly won't be able to rival a full Amex, I fully expect Albion fans to really step up and put more into creating an atmosphere than they otherwise would when they could rely on others putting some effort in.

I tell you what I'm going to do: I'm going to wait and experience whatever comes to pass before passing judgment on it. I didn't think I'd like fan-less football on the TV. I didn't think I'd like artificial fan soundtracks put on top of TV football. But, as it turns out, I didn't mind it. In the end, I didn't even notice it.

And, yes, given I believe that a cautious approach to expanding all forms of social contact is absolutely the right approach, I'm happy to go along with what it looks like we are going to be faced with. I can't say how long I would abide that as I have no idea what is going to happen with infection rates, hospitalisations, deaths, therapeutic advancement and vaccine deployment.“

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whisper it quietly but I'm beginning to wonder if this season coming will be the best we've ever seen, in terms of final league position and maybe a cup run...

Sent from my moto g(8) using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here