Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Albion players came to your school in 70s/80s

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Albion players are again I see visiting local schools I remember around 80/81 when I went to school in Southwick we had Neil Mcnab & Martin Chivers come to our school to coach around 20 of us and an afternoon off school after the session all our names were put into a hat to see who would be the mascot for the Saturday game at the goldstone any other NSC members remember any players coming to their schools

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Lawro presented the sports prizes at my school in 1979.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Eric Steele, he's the reason I became a Brighton fan. I was at boarding school in West Sussex, 1977, age 10, and he came along for a one off assembly. I had never even heard of Brighton then, I'd lived overseas most of my life and had no idea about local geography/towns. When I found out there was a local team, that was it, a lifelong Albion fan was born, age 10! Up until then I had followed Leeds, probably due to the likes of Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Gordon McQueen, Joe Jordon, etc, and my favourite player up until then, Tony Currie.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Eric Steele, he's the reason I became a Brighton fan. I was at boarding school in West Sussex, 1977, age 10, and he came along for a one off assembly. I had never even heard of Brighton then, I'd lived overseas most of my life and had no idea about local geography/towns. When I found out there was a local team, that was it, a lifelong Albion fan was born, age 10! Up until then I had followed Leeds, probably due to the likes of Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Gordon McQueen, Joe Jordon, etc, and my favourite player up until then, Tony Currie.
Eric Steele came to our school as well a very funny chap , used to have bingo nights on a Friday he was the guest bingo caller on one occasion

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I vaguely remember a 1970s schools programme where this kid gets to meet his early 1970s 'Super Leeds' heroes. Bremner and co. Do you remember that?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Memory fades but Lewes priory c. 1976 question time evening Graham Cross, Sammy Morgan, Alan Mullery? Brian Horton. I started going regularly that Saturday after

Enemy of the Estate

Aug 2, 2012
In the doghouse
Mark Lawrenson 79/80 Presenting trophies at St Andrews in Worthing. Remember the crafty fag on the way to KFC for Baked potato lunch (14p) more though.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Terry Connor was at Fairlight school 1983. Showed signs then of being a good coach and managed to make the worst school football team look good. Enjoyed playing with him and even called me by my first name after about 5 minutes. Always said hard lines if you missed a chance or tackle.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Gerry Ryan and Graeme Moseley came to West Blatch in about 1980. Have a hazy memory of nutmegging Gerry Ryan on my way to scoring a goal, in hindsight I suspect he may not have been trying his hardest, but it felt brilliant at the time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here