Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What age to take child to first Albion game?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
My boy was 7 when he went to see Wrexham in a cup game at the Amex. I was fully expecting him to lose interest but, high on sugary drinks and sweets, he stayed with it till the end and then asked if he could go again next week. We got season tickets the year after and have been going together ever since.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would have been the Man City game last season had it not been an evening game for my 7 year old

Wish me luck hyping up Watford at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
My lad is 5 now, can't wait to take him. Hopefully start with a cup game this season if we can get tickets.
I am a ST holder, so need to look in to changing over from WSL to the East family part with a seat for me & Super Tommy Smith.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I would say at least 6 , preferably 7 any younger and they probably won’t concentrate for the whole game . My nephews certainly wouldn’t !

It’s also quite scary for any child younger than 6 to be in a big crowd with a lot of noise , it’s important to remember that .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My boy was 7 when he went to see Wrexham in a cup game at the Amex. I was fully expecting him to lose interest but, high on sugary drinks and sweets, he stayed with it till the end and then asked if he could go again next week. We got season tickets the year after and have been going together ever since.

Water and a small amount of sweets or one sugary drink and no sweets . Not both . Take a toothbrush with you . Need to get kids into good early habits . Lots of young kids getting tooth decay early . My mother is a dentist .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Took my oldest girl when she was about 6 to game against Oxford at GG in 199?. Took my youngest daughter when she was 23 , much easier and you feel much less guilty having a few drinks ... My middle girl is not a fan....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I would have thought about 7 or 8 if they are actually going to watch the game but my nephew came to the Reading 2-2 game (Murray scored for them) age 5 and he sat there in the rain kind of spell bound.

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
I took my son at 5 to Amex to watch us beat Wolves 1-0 with muzza scoring his 100th. He's now 8 and has seen many a game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never.
It will only end in tears & heartache and cost a lot of money. Think of a life where you don't care if a certain Ben White stays or not. That every weekend you have the freedom to do as you please without being tied down to an event.
No, start them young and take them to the pub instead (this bit was a joke).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here