Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What academy level will the Albion be aiming for.?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
:lolol:

Some interesting arguments on both sides, from what I've seen. I guess the incentive to develop high class youngsters is there for any club that's bunging £2.5m per year into it.

What's that Mason Bennett like? He seems to have been around for ages (I know he started a game at 15), but is he all that? I feel like he's been overshadowed in the last couple of seasons by Hughes. Is that fair?

Yep, doesn't do anything to close the gap between the haves and the have nots for me, quite the opposite....

I've always thought that Mason will be the better of the two, but I think he's suffered a little more than Hughes with being 'bullied' by older more experienced players. Had a loan spell at Chesterfield, suspect that if the good guys win on Saturday he'll go out to L1/Champ next year. Our Academy is absolutely a case in point to support your earlier argument. The facilities have been there for 11 years (and to be fair the structure around Derbyshire and surrounding area) but it was only really when Clough was appointed that things started to move forward. Two things happened, 1) Clough bought in good people but then 2) The Roles were completely segregated, first team manager/coach doesn't have direct influence on the academy. We're pushing for Tier 1, but await planning on some additional floodlights.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Isn't Liam Brady a shoe in given he's leaving Arsenal this summer?

John Morling I think his name is. Came to our seagulls over burwash meeting and was v impressive! Yeh it's cat 1 & we had the auditors in the other week I believe. Will mean we re playing all the big clubs like Chelsea etc in the u21 league. We find out this Summer..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here