Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a time this is

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think RDZ's attacking flair will win us more games than Potter's patient play, but I suspect it will also lose us more.
We could be sublime under Potter, but equally it could be fustratingly tedious.

Regardless of any of that, RDZ's football is far more enjoyable to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am thinking Chicago Transit Authority

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I thought Potter was absolutely brilliant for our club. But in hindsight it seems he was just the warm-up act for the main event.

What I find absolutely mental is that apart from Manchester City there is no Premier League team that I fear us playing against and who I feel could easily turn us over.
I'm not suggesting that we will necessarily be able to qualify for Europe, but I believe rather than hope that we have a chance under de Zerbi.

It's still early days and RDZ is slowly installing his beliefs and the team are quietly getting better and better.
When RDZ gets a couple of quality players he may want to sign for Brighton it's crazy to think how strong our squad could be.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fun fact. Unless Liverpool win both their next two games AND we don't beat Villa, we will be above them at Christmas.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Amen. Good thread…allows us all to take a step back and add some perspective. I’ve been on this Albion journey since 1979 and have seen some wonderful highs and some appalling lows in that time. Honestly, I would be content with a financially stable club with its own ground. Therefore, everything on top is a bonus:

* In the top half of the Premier league (pinch me)
* Playing at a wonderful stadium and with an equally brilliant performance centre
* With a heap of international players
* With a heap of players who we paid multi-millions for and most of whom are worth even more now
* Playing delightful, utterly watchable football
* With a club set up (players, coaches, scouts Etc) that Tony has structured that has to be, if not the best in world football, then in the top 5 clubs…I would not swap our set up for another prem club’s to be honest
* And, best of all, owned by an incredibly bright and decent owner who is a FAN!

So, yeah, what a time this is!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What an evolution it’s been. Going with Dad and watching 4th Division mud baths on wet Saturday afternoons in the 60s - Shivering in the North Stand on a dark Tuesday nights after school in the early 70’s, the lean years and being ‘homeless’ in the late 90’s with daily campaigning for the Falmer site leading up to the Referendum …and now here we are.

Can’t help feeling nostalgic at times for the scrappy town football of my youth - It’s become such a corporate leviathan, the Amex hard to access sometimes and generally much much too expensive for some of us to get to every home game (especially those us who have to travel a long distance and require overnight stays!) but it feels great to be up there with the best and riding on the crest of a wave. And the level of football is effing amazing to watch. I never knew back in the 90’s we’d ever see a time like this but once we moved into the Amex, I started to believe.

Thanks DK and TB

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I should think they’re must be quite a few fans of other clubs who must be thinking, ‘After all Brighton went through there is always hope that one day’ ?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Agree with all of the above. Exciting times.

But what excites me long term is the huge generation of future Albion fans. Drove past Palantine Park yesterday and a huge contingent of young kids training in their Albion shirts, 10 years ago you would struggle to spot an Albion shirt amongst the Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea strips.

Whilst the present is exciting and progressive im genuinely excited by the future of this great club and the ever growing fanbase through the generations.

That’s priceless and the biggest legacy Mr Bloom will ever leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here