Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a time this is

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
For at least the past two seasons, we've been complaining that we weren't scoring enough. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, all it needed was someone to find the key to unlock the door, to convert all those lovely chances.

Well, now it's happening. Not always of course - it's episodic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We've recently lost to Spurs and Man City, but we've also recently scored 3 against Liverpool, and 4 against Chelsea.

And the goals are coming from all over the pitch. In every game we compete. And we are competing in and among the top six. This is now our level.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’d love to see us win a cup in my lifetime…..(apart from the Sussex Senior Cup)….
US pre-season next summer, could possibly be part of some Rolls Royce Friendly Cup there, playing against McDonalds FC, Coca Cola United and Real Madrid.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
When I used to stand in the North Stand in 1965 at 15 years old I could never have dreamt my football team could play like this. So many years shuffling between Div 3 and Div 2, then Div 4. The early 80's another false dawn. In my 70's now and finally beating teams like Chelsea who I queued around the Goldstone at a reserve match to see in the FA Cup in the 60's with an expectation of getting beaten. I have to thank the Bloom family, and others like Dick Knight, who have had the vision to see beyond the ordinary to what I am watching today. Long may it continue ....
Well said that man. You feel just like I do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I never want to bore everyone with the same old line or try and look a super fan etc but I feel this almost all the time. I have felt it pretty much every game I’ve watched at the Amex alone - like wow this is Brighton & Hove Albion playing and I’ve had to walk up that many steps to WSU to get to my seat! We’re all almost a little guilty of forgetting it simply won’t be like this forever and we’ve beat several of the best teams in the f***ing world comfortably - it’s still mad! Like last weekend for example!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I did love Potter’s style and tactical nouse but ultimately he had the personality of wall paper paste. Lovely to see in RDZ such vim, vigour and passion for our club.

If we go on a No scoring or losing streak RDZ already has more currency in the bank for me because he visibly cares and that carries a lot of weight with fans.

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So far so good with De Zerbi. Losing any manager is always going to be tough as you then go through the resulting transitional period, but losing one who did as well as Potter did was always going to be a tough act to follow and maintain the good football. But we have to applaud the club for finding such a perfect fit with RDZ.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I watched the whole game apart from Pascals goal , damn stream went down , cost me a bunch of viruses that i have to ask my daughter to fix , and she gets angry that i keep doing it , can you believe it a 19 stone bloke scared shitless of his daughters :oops: .

I think RDZ , as unbelievable as it sounds after such a short time has made us 10-15% better than thingamy you know whatsisname wanker that`s it . Some of the plays today would shame the top6 in any bloody league , thanks RDZ anger lessening (potter) faith restored and enjoying your work , looking forward .

And yes well oiled , have a goodun all (y)

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
So far so good with De Zerbi. Losing any manager is always going to be tough as you then go through the resulting transitional period, but losing one who did as well as Potter did was always going to be a tough act to follow and maintain the good football. But we have to applaud the club for finding such a perfect fit with RDZ.

I watched the whole game apart from Pascals goal , damn stream went down , cost me a bunch of viruses that i have to ask my daughter to fix , and she gets angry that i keep doing it , can you believe it a 19 stone bloke scared shitless of his daughters :oops: .

I think RDZ , as unbelievable as it sounds after such a short time has made us 10-15% better than thingamy you know whatsisname wanker that`s it . Some of the plays today would shame the top6 in any bloody league , thanks RDZ anger lessening (potter) faith restored and enjoying your work , looking forward .

And yes well oiled , have a goodun all (y)

These, GP took us to another level, one where we had not been to before, but I believe that RDZ can take us even further up.

Let's see if we finish on a higher plane than Chelsea, I'd like to think we can.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
De Zerbi’s taken Potterball and given it a boat load of Bolivian Marching Powder. Little tweaks - Mitoma starting, Lallana at 10, even more inviting of the press - and we look incredible

When I used to stand in the North Stand in 1965 at 15 years old I could never have dreamt my football team could play like this. So many years shuffling between Div 3 and Div 2, then Div 4. The early 80's another false dawn. In my 70's now and finally beating teams like Chelsea who I queued around the Goldstone at a reserve match to see in the FA Cup in the 60's with an expectation of getting beaten. I have to thank the Bloom family, and others like Dick Knight, who have had the vision to see beyond the ordinary to what I am watching today. Long may it continue ....

For at least the past two seasons, we've been complaining that we weren't scoring enough. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, all it needed was someone to find the key to unlock the door, to convert all those lovely chances.

Well, now it's happening. Not always of course - it's episodic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We've recently lost to Spurs and Man City, but we've also recently scored 3 against Liverpool, and 4 against Chelsea.

And the goals are coming from all over the pitch. In every game we compete. And we are competing in and among the top six. This is now our level.
I can't actually believe what I have been see-ing. Some of the build-up and moves to our goals have been incredible; I'm thinking here of the first goal against Wolves and the goals against Chelsea. I just think: WTF have I just seen - is that my team??!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never trusted GP, his eyes are too close together.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
These, GP took us to another level, one where we had not been to before, but I believe that RDZ can take us even further up.

Let's see if we finish on a higher plane than Chelsea, I'd like to think we can .

Hughton - Great guy but overall tactics and watchability - 6/10

Potter - watchability - 7/10

De Zerbi - After only 7 games , we look better , quicker , faster , if we sustain this then - 8/10

And again , even more oiled , i have a high tolerance but will suffer tomorrow , do NOT drink on prescription drugs . I honestly thought i had a cat last week ...dont ....so probably a dog tomorrow .....so long as that 4ft spider fucks off i dont mind :facepalm:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To support the Albion. Another Saturday night when I’m buzzing. Couldn’t watch today but seen the highlights…… What a team, what a club now.
Just watching on TV but the one touch passing and much quicker moving of the ball forwards is brilliant to watch. So many players can receive and pass with either foot too.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was watching that first 15 minutes on TV barely believing how well we were playing, thinking at the time that the result didn't really matter, so enjoyable was the watch.

As it was Wolves then scored two goals despite doing basically nothing, and we had to work hard to win the game, but win it we did.

We do have a lot to thank Potter for, the pundits are *spit* right in that he has left us in a very good place. An entire squad of players in all positions who are extremely comfortable and confident with the ball at their feet, a team with extreme positional flexibility, and a team with the confidence to deal with adversity and come back from setbacks like against Leicester and yesterday at Wolves. A dream set of attributes for a new manager to adopt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here