Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What a team

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I genuinely don't believe there's a team in world football (palace aside) who could have lived with the first 30 minutes of the second half.

Quite how that could have been better than the first half is anybody's guess.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Chelsea are like you’ve bought a 1,000-piece jigsaw only to find there are 2,500 pieces in the box and it’s the wrong picture on the cover"

- Jonathan Wilson

Lovely report 👏🏼

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yup. Wonder if Potter watched that? My guess is he went out to walk the dog whilst sobbing quietly into his glow up beard.

He got rich, generations of 'It Is What It Is''s will go to public schools, fly first class, stay in 7* hotels.

But. He deserted the best owner and CEO in football. Fact.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have to say, that after that performance today against Chelsea, Mr. Potter has royally f***ed over Chelsea. The dunce of all dunces could not have done better there.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
"Chelsea are like you’ve bought a 1,000-piece jigsaw only to find there are 2,500 pieces in the box and it’s the wrong picture on the cover"

- Jonathan Wilson

Lovely report 👏🏼
It is lovely.
I particularly like the way he shoved the apparently Guardian mandated Jeremy Clarkson c. 2005 simile into an entirely separate final paragraph.
I know most of them write like that to obscure their lack of actual understanding, but Wilson does seem to know what he's going on about.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The first half domination will be used in coaching sessions in years to come

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It is lovely.
I particularly like the way he shoved the apparently Guardian mandated Jeremy Clarkson c. 2005 simile into an entirely separate final paragraph.
I know most of them write like that to obscure their lack of actual understanding, but Wilson does seem to know what he's going on about.
Jonathan Wilson is one of the finest football journalists out there.

He wrote 'Inverting the Pyramid' which is a history of football tactics and is an excellent book.

I also really enjoyed his mammoth history of Argentinian football 'Angels With Dirty Faces', which I hope gets an updated edition including our very own AliMac.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Jonathan Wilson is one of the finest football journalists out there.

He wrote 'Inverting the Pyramid' which is a history of football tactics and is an excellent book.

I also really enjoyed his mammoth history of Argentinian football 'Angels With Dirty Faces', which I hope gets an updated edition including our very own AliMac.
I'm not always the biggest fan of his match reports, but today's was good.
I choose to believe this is entirely unrelated to the fact that we won, and is purely a reflection of the quality of the article.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
WE have in 2 weeks outplayed Spurs and Chelsea away. Unbelievable Brilliant

We have outplayed Liverpool too this season. We'll have a game against Arsenal, have two games agaist Man U and one or two games against Man C (including FA Cup Final). So, we might be able to outplay all of EPL's top 6 clubs this season ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here