Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a strange feeling!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To add to my original post, it feels like the my stomach has gone back to the two days when my sons were born, my driving test, eves of exams, job interviews and all the other things that SHOULD be more important than football.

You're coping better than me then

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:lolol:
I am selective, ignoring:
- doom n gloom, the end is nigh threads. Some thrive on injury news … minutes after a win.
- points required threads, with some people putting Villa and Spurs on a pedestal, why?

The new website software is great … the Ignore function means you don’t get to see doom-monger threads, at all!
I’m injured and fatigued just reading some of the posts…:lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bluddy annoyed about Liverpool today - they could have done us a massive favour and given us a peaceful evening.

There's barely any difference between Villa drawing or losing today is there? I know we can't mathematically guarantee 6th now, but a win guarantees Europe (so we'd be able to celebrate) and not winning leaves us needing more regardless.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trying to manage my own expectations, which has become increasingly difficult.

Whatever happens after the dust has settled, we’ll be able to reflect and know that we’ve seen the best ever Albion team, with the greatest manager, playing a style of football that is unbelievable.

I just hope we keep progressing……

We really are very lucky to support Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m injured and fatigued just reading some of the posts…:lolol:

My stance on player injuries is that we have world class medical facilities, our best ever squad, so I switch off from all that negative noise until an hour before the next KO.

For those who posted relentless bad news about Solly, Ferguson or Veltman on repeat, I never read it!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whatever happens after the dust has settled, we’ll be able to reflect and know that we’ve seen the best ever Albion team, with the greatest manager, playing a style of football that is unbelievable.
If we miss Europe, I won't be able to reflect positively on the valid points you mention.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
:lolol:
I am selective, ignoring:
- doom n gloom, the end is nigh threads. Some thrive on injury news … minutes after a win.
- points required threads, with some people putting Villa and Spurs on a pedestal, why?

The new website software is great … the Ignore function means you don’t get to see doom-monger threads, at all!

5-1 and4-1 results lately . We are running on empty . That’s why Villa are elevated . They would probably beat us .

Tomorrow is our chance

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There's barely any difference between Villa drawing or losing today is there? I know we can't mathematically guarantee 6th now, but a win guarantees Europe (so we'd be able to celebrate) and not winning leaves us needing more regardless.
Possibly, but that would involve Brentford beating ManCity and/or Spurs beating Leeds. If neither of those happen then we won’t need more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Possibly, but that would involve Brentford beating ManCity and/or Spurs beating Leeds. If neither of those happen then we won’t need more.
Sure, but my point is that Villa getting 1 point today doesn't really make any difference.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5-1 and4-1 results lately . We are running on empty . That’s why Villa are elevated . They would probably beat us .

Tomorrow is our chance

The league table doesn’t lie, we’re as good as Villa and Spurs. Villa won a load of easier games in a row, then it levelled off. According to 5live/TV reporters today, they were time wasting from the first half, every antic under the sun. Proudly, we play far more honest and beautiful football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The league table doesn’t lie, we’re as good as Villa and Spurs.

We're better than them both, but we were miles better than Villa when we went there in the Championship. It's a tough place to go on the last day with that much at stake.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bluddy annoyed about Liverpool today - they could have done us a massive favour and given us a peaceful evening.

Tomorrow's game now has 'banana skin' written all over it - you know how this goes with us!
Not with you our superior goal difference still leaves us in finishing in 6th place with a win tomorrow

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're better than them both, but we were miles better than Villa when we went there in the Championship. It's a tough place to go on the last day with that much at stake.

I expect a loss there, it’s an Albion graveyard. We had a load of those, this season crushing several of them …. Stamford Bridge, OT.

But my instinct is we’ll be in Europe. Everything crossed.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Even before the Archer / Belloti saga it was becoming clear that the PL was going to dominate and pull away from the rest of the football pyramid. I was already thinking that it was 'no longer for us'. After the late 1990s, my main thought was that if we could settle down to become something like a yo-yo club between the second and third tiers, then that was our 'rightful place' - and would have been enjoyable enough.

Thoughts of being in the PL were just fanciful.

Then, 2010 onwards, it became a possibility - but still unlikely. Then it became likely and finally happened, but to be honest it was very much 'well, we're here to make up the numbers - maybe we might stay up a few years, maybe a cup run sometime'.

I never imagined this. I still can't really get my head around what my club, our club, is just about to achieve. I simply never expected to see this in my lifetime.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I’m picking ok a horrible air of over confidence from our support and every time I’ve ever seen that in our fan base we’ve f***ed it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here