Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a strange feeling!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm not feeling the nervousness. It's been the best ever season, great football, great wins. Some absolutely fantastic moments, so many in fact.

If we don't make Europe it won't be a disaster or a failure. I've concern that it could be too much but am pleased to see early business being done to counter that.

It is nothing like that all consuming fear of relegation. Nothing at all like it.

Laughing Gull

Oct 18, 2022
My Dad took me to see the Albion when I was 7 years old in 1965.

We moved to New Zealand in 1966 but I've followed through thick and thin since then. I went to a game at Withdean around 2000 in the Adams/Zamora days.

We're on the cusp of something truly special. I've got mates who support the 'Big 6' who used to give me crap about my team who are falling over themselves to tell me how much they love the way we play.

It truly is amazing and I'm loving every minute.

I think we'll smash Saints but I would say that.

It's John Gregory

Jan 13, 2022
Relax guys....you've had a stellar season, playing amazing football and thoroughly deserve your place in the table and all that comes with it. You'll roll Southampton over easily.....all will be fine. Then chill out, relax, get the passports ready for next season - its done.

Then if you'd be good enough to send your U16 academy squad up to Villa Park next weekend, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.......and well done Albion.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Relax guys....you've had a stellar season, playing amazing football and thoroughly deserve your place in the table and all that comes with it. You'll roll Southampton over easily.....all will be fine. Then chill out, relax, get the passports ready for next season - its done.

Then if you'd be good enough to send your U16 academy squad up to Villa Park next weekend, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.......and well done Albion.
If we seal it today, nothing would give us more pleasure to roll over and make sure Spurs miss out.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Out of interest, do you know which he first saw the Albion, did he come the area?
Morning Weststander, my Grandfather was born in London, unfortunately into poverty. He lost his Dad aged 4yrs and his mother couldn't cope. He ended up in the childrens societies 'waif n stray' program and was eventually shipped of to Canada. WW1 broke out and he joined the Canadian Dragoons coming back, landing in Plymouth. Then fought in France, transferred into the fledgling RFC. He resettled in London after and became a course bookmaker. Met my grandmother at Brighton races in the 20's and took in the Albion when Tug Wilson was playing on a trip down. Eventually they settled in Brighton during WW2 and he became a regular at the ground then. He died 1987. As I said he just wouldn't believe this club right now. Thanks for the interest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s a lovely sunny day ….looking forward to some post match music

Ps isn’t their a stat about the home team never winning between these two teams in the PL 👀
Time that was put too bed

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Next season will be my 50th supporting Brighton. European football to celebrate that will be immense.

Seen numerous promotions and relegations in that time and never, ever did I dare to dream of mixing it with the best at the top table.

What a time to be a supporter eh?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Morning Weststander, my Grandfather was born in London, unfortunately into poverty. He lost his Dad aged 4yrs and his mother couldn't cope. He ended up in the childrens societies 'waif n stray' program and was eventually shipped of to Canada. WW1 broke out and he joined the Canadian Dragoons coming back, landing in Plymouth. Then fought in France, transferred into the fledgling RFC. He resettled in London after and became a course bookmaker. Met my grandmother at Brighton races in the 20's and took in the Albion when Tug Wilson was playing on a trip down. Eventually they settled in Brighton during WW2 and he became a regular at the ground then. He died 1987. As I said he just wouldn't believe this club right now. Thanks for the interest.

A lovely story. So interesting that he may've seen the Albion a century ago, when the club was just 20+ years old.

My Grandad came to Brighton from West Yorkshire in about 1930, he 'got on his bike' looking for work.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
56th year of supporting The Albion. Just as excited and more nervous now then ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here