Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What a shit day

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I’m delighted Huddersfield have practically gone. About the only bright sport of the day. Just a shame they gave up points to Newcastle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn't play well at all this morning 15 points when people were coming in with 19's and 20's...couldn't drive for toffee....golfers will know what I am talking about

Huddersfield being all but relegated today
M
Palace trouncing Leicester after we played completely ineptly, if that is a word, against them at home.

And to top it off, England totally outplayed in the second half of the rugby.

Only decent thing was a lovely walk on the seafront this afternoon in the sunshine!

Sets the bar now for our effort Tuesday night and if we go out and play defensive shite when a team who we saw off three one, went out and took the game to Leicester, then we deserve everything we get!

I’ve posted on NSC this season a few times that CP and Burnley are good teams. Just an opinion, but here’s why:

CP have spent over £200m and pay up to triple our wages per player. That buys you game changers, plus Zaha is dangerous regardless of his cheating. The annual NSC October “Palace are doomed” is just fun - too many good players, pace everywhere.

Once over the ill effects of the Europa League, Dyche got Burnley into gear. He knows how to win loads of PL matches. Great defence, goal scorers and a brilliant team spirit.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If Stains pull one over on Arsenal we will be level on points with them and not expecting much away at the Foxes.
Relegation battle looming.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's a new day. Feeling any better?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Started with an elderly neighbour taken to hospital by ambulance. Went to see them in the evening (they’re OK) and when we got home a pipe burst in our bathroom - water pouring through the ceiling.

Yeah, shit day all round.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am hoping to be humming loudly “What a difference a day makes” late Tuesday evening.

The OP may have had a bad day golfing, I had a bad day with a cricked neck which left me unable to turn my head, I know which I’d have preferred!!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully we can outclass them on Tuesday.

After the home game I kept hearing on here how they had wonderful players and we did well to get a draw even though Leicester went down to 10 men. We were being “entitled” if we expected to beat them even with 10 men. Are their players less wonderful now?

That home result pissed me off and we threw away two points that would have made things look somewhat better in the current table.

This fan will be very happy with a hard earned point on Tuesday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The recent run of bad results was predicted and expected (see Giraffe's tracker), so it should be simple to pick up from here and get the predicted wins and get to near 40 points.
The worry is that morale and confidence may have slipped badly, so getting to that predicted winning way may not be that straightforward. I have zero hope for any points on Tuesday, I'm afraid.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After the home game I kept hearing on here how they had wonderful players and we did well to get a draw even though Leicester went down to 10 men. We were being “entitled” if we expected to beat them even with 10 men. Are their players less wonderful now?

That home result pissed me off and we threw away two points that would have made things look somewhat better in the current table.

This fan will be very happy with a hard earned point on Tuesday.
We would of won if the officials knew the offside rule. I really hope we survive as VAR would have given us at least six more points this season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We would of won if the officials knew the offside rule.

We’d probably have won if we’d continued to attack them rather than closing up shop at 1-0 too.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Would love some wins. Hope the pressure of desparately needing them, from a rapidly diminishing pool of games, doesn’t get to the players.

Need to turn the word “capable” into “3 points”.

I think there will be a change in the mindset. Once we thought we were 'out of danger' a bit of the fight went (in my view). Now we're definitely 'in danger', I think we'll be back to seeing that extra 5-10% of effort that will make all the difference.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think there will be a change in the mindset. Once we thought we were 'out of danger' a bit of the fight went (in my view). Now we're definitely 'in danger', I think we'll be back to seeing that extra 5-10% of effort that will make all the difference.
Good point. We are a team that likes to get on the beach early once we think the job is done.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here