Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a pathetic country we live in

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
A slight dusting of snow & everything comes to a standstill - oooh, someone might slip over & sue us for a few quid - why bother doing anything when it turns a little bit cold? This country is a bloody joke.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A slight dusting of snow & everything comes to a standstill - oooh, someone might slip over & sue us for a few quid - why bother doing anything when it turns a little bit cold? This country is a bloody joke.

The.
Pitch.
Was.
Frozen.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
So the Referee called the game off because of the path outside the ground did he? Are you for real?

So are you going to do nothing for the next 3 months because it's got a bit nippy? It's winter FFS. The only reason the game was called off was 'health & safety' (ie. fear of someone slipping over & claiming damages against the club). If the game couldn't be played in these conditions then we've got to seriously consider scrapping all winter matches .. this country has turned soft ... FACT.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
So are you going to do nothing for the next 3 months because it's got a bit nippy? It's winter FFS. The only reason the game was called off was 'health & safety' (ie. fear of someone slipping over & claiming damages against the club). If the game couldn't be played in these conditions then we've got to seriously consider scrapping all winter matches .. this country has turned soft ... FACT.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What utter arse. You can moan and bitch all you like, but you CANNOT play on a frozen pitch. Go outside and see what the grass is like - its rock bloody solid. THATS why the game is off. Nobody needs to make things up to hide behind supposed 'health and safety' - the pitch is frozen and was only going to get worse. FACT.

Sep 1, 2010
No answer to the question then? really, you are just not accepting the reasons for the game being called off. Maybe is will do us a favour in the long run if we play them with a strengthened squad in January.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
What utter arse. You can moan and bitch all you like, but you CANNOT play on a frozen pitch. Go outside and see what the grass is like - its rock bloody solid. THATS why the game is off. Nobody needs to make things up to hide behind supposed 'health and safety' - the pitch is frozen and was only going to get worse. FACT.

I have been outside ... grass is fine & NOT rock solid. According to Albion website the pitch was perfectly playable mid-afternoon after being covered for days.
Why is it that other countries seem to play in conditions far worse than we're experiencing? We have become a nanny state. FACT. We need to toughen up & get on.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have been outside ... grass is fine & NOT rock solid. According to Albion website the pitch was perfectly playable mid-afternoon after being covered for days.
Why is it that other countries seem to play in conditions far worse than we're experiencing? We have become a nanny state. FACT. We need to toughen up & get on.

So when Inigo Calderon breaks his leg trying to play on a rock solid pitch we should tell him to toughen up and get on? How on Earth can you dispute that it's not frozen despite it being around minus 5 degrees

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Jesus wept, why do we have to have the same mentally retarded comments every time there is a slight dusting of snow?

Is this the window licker smilie ? :p

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
So when Inigo Calderon breaks his leg trying to play on a rock solid pitch we should tell him to toughen up and get on? How on Earth can you dispute that it's not frozen despite it being around minus 5 degrees

All I'm saying is that, after what I've seen, the conditions are not bad enough to warrant calling the game off.
You may accept that the pitch is frozen .. I'm afraid I do not.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
All I'm saying is that, after what I've seen, the conditions are not bad enough to warrant calling the game off.
You may accept that the pitch is frozen .. I'm afraid I do not.

Well for the players sake it is a good job you were not the ref.
He gave a very valid explanation for his decision when he stated that a player jumping to head a ball in West end penalty area could not land safely. I think he was reffering to the fact they may break an ankle or two. Seems fair enough to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here