Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a night to chuck his toys out the pram and hint on leaving

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've supported Gus since day one and will always be grateful for what he (and Tano, lest we forget) have done for the playing side of this club, but maybe the time has come for a change.

A sad day if so, but perhaps a necessary one in the scheme of things.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ps where was Vicente when we needed him?did he have a splinter in his are from Friday night..half a million in wages well spent.

Do you really need to have yet ANOTHER shot at Vicente? Has he slept with your wife or something?

I think we all get your anti-Vicente agenda now, really no need to drag it into every thread.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Quite this.....The attacking, we play to win every game Poyet myth exposed....Reverted to type as always. Totally out foxed tacitly by old worzel and his response is a shrug of the shoulders.The im so clever grin and refer to being under contract.....ps where was Vicente when we needed him?did he have a splinter in his are from Friday night..half a million in wages well spent.

Exactly what I said on another thread. He says earlier in the season 'we play every game to win'. Fair enough playing defensively in the first leg but instead of putting them under pressure we let them attack us and got what we deserved.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The team let him down and the fans let him down. I wouldn't blame him if he did leave.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Gus gives the impression that it's all down to him.It isn't. Perhaps the owner will be fed up with "Plan A fails,switch to plan A".Certainly no really top club will appoint someone whose claim to managerial fame is a League 1 title.Perhaps abroad ? Or Millwall is available,I think.

Maybe all this stuff about going back places "coz i luv thees place" is code for "I suspect I'm on my bike."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At any stage in his career would Sir Alex have said that in public?
As much as I disliked old purple nose because of the club he is with, he was a master at keeping things internal (like Bill Shankly did). Gus needs to learn from these masters and know when it is best to simply shut the eff up.

He was at fault last night but you'd never know it. Time for some humility Gus.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The team let him down and the fans let him down. I wouldn't blame him if he did leave.[/QUOT

????It's his team and there is nothing wrong with the fans.Most clubs would love our support!!!
If he leaves,so be it.Mr Bloom is the most important guy in this club,not Mr.Poyet.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am pretty certain Bloom won't be impressed with this,it leaves a bit of a bad taste after just watching that and Poyet is going on about himself.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I've always supported poyet. However this year his post match interviews have got more and more annoying. If I was charitable I'd say that after disappointing he shoots his mouth off before he thinks about what he is saying. Sometimes he has praised a really poor result and claimed we were better than we were. Mostly it has seemed as though he covers his disappointment with bravado.

Then last night he went too far. He has ensured that the out of contract players will now decide its best to go, together with sought after players like Bridcutt. His timing is unforgiveable. I would guess it was disappointment in part (again), but what he said was unforgivable. I believe he will go if he gets a premiership offer and perhaps a top championship offer. We will be left with a big rebuilding job that will take a couple of years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was so disappointed with Poyet's naïve after match comments. He expects his players to be professional so I imagine they would have expected the same from their manager. What he said should have been behind closed doors in the days after the match. What he should have done was apologise for the defeat and to the fans and have the humility to accept he was out thought by the opposition manager and his team were outfought too. Of course he was disappointed, gutted even but basically throwing in the towel and trying to deflect the blame onto the budget or other influences is totally unacceptable to me. I have always thought that the end would be a flounce but he came across really badly last night and his comments are unlikely to endear him to any bigger clubs than us looking for a manager. He should have held his hands up and taken some responsibility. Doesn't seem to have questioned himself at all.

He's done a great job but he has been given the tools to do so. I won't be that worried if he goes, we are in a good place with or without him.
Very much this. Sums up the way I'm feeling.

Humility is a trait somewhat lacking in Mr. Poyet. As is an ability to take responsibility for his own (bad) decision making. it's not attractive.
Indeed not. He's intelligent, he knows his football, but he needs to be a bigger man when he's made mistakes.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was so disappointed with Poyet's naïve after match comments. He expects his players to be professional so I imagine they would have expected the same from their manager. What he said should have been behind closed doors in the days after the match. What he should have done was apologise for the defeat and to the fans and have the humility to accept he was out thought by the opposition manager and his team were outfought too. Of course he was disappointed, gutted even but basically throwing in the towel and trying to deflect the blame onto the budget or other influences is totally unacceptable to me. I have always thought that the end would be a flounce but he came across really badly last night and his comments are unlikely to endear him to any bigger clubs than us looking for a manager. He should have held his hands up and taken some responsibility. Doesn't seem to have questioned himself at all.

He's done a great job but he has been given the tools to do so. I won't be that worried if he goes, we are in a good place with or without him.

Very well put. I hope he stays but, if his heart's not in it or he's going to continue advertising himself for every job, then time to go. Maybe he has a point, maybe we can't compete financially, maybe the Chairman won't or can't spend any more - who knows? But without him, there'd be no Amex, no Championship football, no playoffs, no top class training ground on the way so it's the future of the club ahead of Gus Poyet's personal ambition for me every time.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I was pissed off when i heard the team, orlandi was weak that 2nd half in the first game and barnes and kaz have played well when theyve been on the pitch lately, we needed a team selection with bottle last night, calde wasnt defending well against zaha esp 2nd half and el abd could have intimidated him for a good half hr, but nothing happened. We needed a ballsy micky adams-like throw of the dice last night but got a lot of weak and feeble indecision. As for his comments afterwards, says it all, unprofessional.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Some of the stuff on here is a total over reaction suprise suprise. I've just watched his after match comments. It's nothing like some are saying.
He was proud of his players
He was proud of our fans
He was proud of this football club and the perception of our club having changed
He hoped we haven't hit a ceiling (financially)
He wants to stay as long as he can keep improving the squad
He wants to sit down with the chairman to make sure we haven't hit the financial roof or he has to evaluate his career. (Warning shot to the likes of Barber and Bloom).

Basically I think Poyet is tired of the same old crap coming from Paul Barber about financial fair play and budgets etc. I saw a player match conference recently where he said he doesn't quite understand that we are 10th in the money tables but top of the crowd table. He's asking bloom to give him more money to improve. Remember Peter Taylor? Same thing, Gus doesn't want to go backwards and if you want premier league football you have to spend to get in it. Even if that just means offering more to keep the current squad together as much as possible.

I really don't see anything bad in his comments. He tells it like it is, I would rather that than some manager that talks like a politician and never gives you the truth.
Some of you are just jumping on the bandwagon, read between the lines. Although I appreciate some are to thick to read anything, let alone between lines.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Where is he going to go?

On last night's performance he isn't ready for a club like Everton nor is he ready for the Premier League just yet. If he stays-fine. If he wants to go-go now because this club is bigger than any player or manager and last night was not the time to use a post game TV interview as his updated video CV.

Can't see him getting the 'special' job he's always gone on about. I think he'd jump ship now to any club that has parachute payments or rich foreign owners. Wigan if Martinez goes maybe, or Blackburn if he's mad.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Gus was a different Manager last night to what I have seen all season he retired to his seat and sulked where as in the past he would be on the side line whistling getting the players in check. How can a player feel like they can win it if the Managers body language says that he doesn't even believe they can.

I am pro Gus and don't want him to leave however I think last night he let us down.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have long been torn between loving and hating him. At his best, he is charming, funny and inspirational. At his worst, he is ignorant, egotistical and reactionary. The latter came out last night a bit but at the worst possible time.

He is not too big for this club but his misinformed opinion of himself is.

Gus has dragged us into a new era kicking and screaming from the rooftops and I love him for that but I think now, Albion needs a new vision and a new revolution to pursue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here