Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a Difference a Week Makes

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Amazing we have gone from Poyets wonderboys pushing for the playoffs now to Relegation Cannon Fodder really hate to see the comments if we have a mare against Rushden and Diamonds!
Its going to take time best expectations at moment are just to secure a place in this league, perhaps worth trying to get behind the team we are supposed to support!!:rant:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As a wise man once said, all people that are involved in the business of football, or play football, or go and support, or watch it on television, or even know anything about it are filthy reactionary scum.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remeber the phone in last week after beating wycombe when they were calling for people to phone up and apologise for criticising the decision to fire slade and congratulate bloom for making a great decision.

I remember thinking at the time that it was a bit soon to be crowing like that.

Amazing we have gone from Poyets wonderboys pushing for the playoffs now to Relegation Cannon Fodder really hate to see the comments if we have a mare against Rushden and Diamonds!
Its going to take time best expectations at moment are just to secure a place in this league, perhaps worth trying to get behind the team we are supposed to support!!:rant:

Most sensible fans never thought for one moment that we would be pushing for the playoffs after one win

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Not overly surprised tho. This will take a while to sort out, so expect to see the poyet out mob start rising their ignorant little heads soon.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fans are sooooo demanding these days.....
Cut Gus some slack, he's only been here a fortnight.

But as for that new Falmer stadium, they've been working on that for several months now. I demand it be ready for the next home game or I'll rip up my season ticket {if I had one}. :tantrum:

Oct 2, 2008
Most sensible fans never thought for one moment that we would be pushing for the playoffs after one win

Spot on. Can`t understand why so many went overboard after the Southampton. One game , great though the performance was, was never going to transform us into a play off chasing side. How very typical of certain elements of our support - two wins and we`re world beaters , two losses and its all doom and gloom again !.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Spot on. Can`t understand why so many went overboard after the Southampton. One game , great though the performance was, was never going to transform us into a play off chasing side. How very typical of certain elements of our support - two wins and we`re world beaters , two losses and its all doom and gloom again !.

Always happens. Don't you remember how after every MA win it was the turning point, the start of our push up the table. Then the following week we lost and it was down we go.

Same when slade first joined. The win against yeovil was the start, we were going to push on up the table. Instead we followed with a loss.

Same early this season. Each win was a sign the side was starting to gel.

Why should it be different with Gus?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There's no time like the present in football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OK, let's have a bit of reality and honesty here - when you looked at the fixtures (last week, the week before, two months ago, it doesn't matter) and saw this sequence:
Southampton (A)
Leeds (H)
Naarwidge (A)
Charlton (H)
-just how many points did you expect to get from these four games?
Would you have expected any? Would you have settled for three?
Me - I'd have taken two, if that was on offer. So, what about you - a few honest answers about your expectations please! What would you have settled for - one, two, three, four, five - or more (for those of you living in dreamland)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here