Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a brilliant game of football

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And for anyone thinking City didn't really care about the result - well, you only have to look at Pep's reaction to their disallowed goal.
How can he be so lavish in praise and admiration before a game but such an ungracious prick afterward?

It was a beautiful game and he came on the radio saying they’d barely recovered from drinking Manchester dry and the men in yellow denied them victory. It’s hard to warm to him in.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Please let us give Villa a footballing lesson on Sunday, to beat those shithousers at home and give them the shits about not qualifying for Europe, as the other games are playing out, would be a highlight of the season for me. Yes I do dislike them that much.
I am so with you on this, I really want us to put them in their box. I can’t stand Villa - I still have memories of them celebrating their last minute goal that cost us the championship title as if they’d won the league, and then there was the 2-1 defeat at their place when we absolutely bossed the game despite having Mooy sent off and lost it with the last kick of the game - the mocking from their fans after that game was unreal. I will be there Sunday and looking for karma !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am so with you on this, I really want us to put them in their box. I can’t stand Villa - I still have memories of them celebrating their last minute goal that cost us the championship title as if they’d won the league, and then there was the 2-1 defeat at their place when we absolutely bossed the game despite having Mooy sent off and lost it with the last kick of the game - the mocking from their fans after that game was unreal. I will be there Sunday and looking for karma !
And their absolute shitehousery at the Amex this season AND the complete f*** up by VAR not giving the Solly March penalty too :angry:

We really do owe them a sound thrashing to assuage the hurts :smile:

Brentford somehow beating City again, Leeds drawing with Spurs, and the Bees grabbing the last Conference spot, would be the icing on the cake.

WHAT a post match celebration for Albion fans to go into the close season with

#dreamer

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How can he be so lavish in praise and admiration before a game but such an ungracious prick afterward?

It was a beautiful game and he came on the radio saying they’d barely recovered from drinking Manchester dry and the men in yellow denied them victory. It’s hard to warm to him in.
Ah, I don't know.

BBC interviewer: "Pep - I enjoyed the first half of that game SO much. I think it was one of the most enjoyable 45 minutes of football I've seen all season. It was just outstanding."

PG: "And the second, no?"

BBCI: "Well, I enjoyed the first half a little bit more, but maybe that was because we had the goals in the first half."

PG: "Thank you so much. It's the biggest complement for Brighton and for ourselves. Both teams want to play. Both teams want to have the ball. The quality they have, all the players there and so aggressive without the ball because they know, we both know that if we allow the other team to play it will be so difficult. Chances for both sides, outstanding goals, especially from Enciso. But, yeah, it was a good game. Congratulations to Brighton for officially being Europa League - they deserve it 100% - the way they play, the way they do it."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ah, I don't know.

BBC interviewer: "Pep - I enjoyed the first half of that game SO much. I think it was one of the most enjoyable 45 minutes of football I've seen all season. It was just outstanding."

PG: "And the second, no?"

BBCI: "Well, I enjoyed the first half a little bit more, but maybe that was because we had the goals in the first half."

PG: "Thank you so much. It's the biggest complement for Brighton and for ourselves. Both teams want to play. Both teams want to have the ball. The quality they have, all the players there and so aggressive without the ball because they know, we both know that if we allow the other team to play it will be so difficult. Chances for both sides, outstanding goals, especially from Enciso. But, yeah, it was a good game. Congratulations to Brighton for officially being Europa League - they deserve it 100% - the way they play, the way they do it."
Maybe he calmed down for subsequent interviews, I caught him live on Manchester radio in the car as BBC Sussex cut to him. Perhaps he has a different hat on for different interviews.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I am still buzzing. Feel incredibly tired after all the shouting and singing and have to teach Y5 this morning somehow with a voice that can only muster a croaky whimper. But my goodness, what a team we have, absolutely overflowing with young talent. And Julio! My heart felt like it would explode when that rocket hit the back of the net, to celebrate like that for a man of my age is simply unsafe! I felt that his goal was most certainly the best goal to grace the Amex and on the way home at about 11pm, Tony Bloom confirmed it and said it was the best, well that's good enough for me. This is dreamland, fantasy stuff from the Albion, more than half a century of watching us up and down the country, in every league top to bottom and never for one moment did I ever contemplate us ever having a team like this, a season like this. I am so happy right now, who was it on here who said they pity the 'poor dead souls' who don't like football - well spot on chap!
Teaching Y5 in Muswell Hill yesterday and a boy said 'But Brighton are rubbish!' Five other boys crowded into the conversation and told him they're brilliant, have you actually watched them. I told him to watch the City game and he'll see. Boom, flipping moron!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I danced to Free from Desire last night.
In my long long lifetime I've only ever danced twice. At my wedding 40+ years ago and on a ship party where I was very drunk on free beer. Honestly, that's it. But last night the occassion just got the better of me and my arms and body just went mental.
Paying for it this morning, I ache.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've never seen another game which I could compare it to. It was less about goals and points and more two parties trying to demonstrate ideological purity, to demark the territory of pre-eminence in modern football.

There was barely any gamesmanship, though a few meaty challenges. To waste time in a match like that would mark you out as a cad.

More than anything it was the age old tale of an apprentice attempting to dethrone the master. Kind of like the, will the young lion be able to wrest control of the pride from the dominant male, story that you see on nature programs.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That first half was simply magical. We rushed on to the concourse not queue up for a beer but just join everyone else in gushing about what a sublime half of football we had just watched. The glee and excitement on everyone's faces was just a beautiful sight to see.

Last night told me that I can never underestimate this side again. We took the game to a strong City side and never gave an inch. No putting 10 behind the ball and hoping for a breakaway. It was toe-to-toe with the champions, we never sacrificed our passing game, we added some steel with some robust challenges that Hoops was quite happy to let go without a yellow card.

We've had end of season draws that felt like defeats, this one felt like a win and I am absolutely buzzing still!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Can't imagine watching a better game at the Amex in terms of all-round quality, or feeling more upbeat and optimistic about where we're going next.

This has been our best ever season and we're playing the best football we've ever witnessed. And yet the sense is that this isn't the peak. It's a work in progress and everyone at the club is demanding more. It's hard to get your head around ... none of us signed up for this!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I felt really bad when I saw the team news - no Dunk, Colwill and Van Hecke at the back? Citeh with a strong team. This will be carnage.

How wrong I was. Magnificent. I just couldn’t stop smiling through the first half. We Even had more goals disallowed than them. Van Hecke was superb.

this de Zerbi bloke really is a bit special!
:Dezerbicalmdown: :bloom:
Like you I saw our team and though "crikey, let's hope Cithe have their kids out again......oh bollocks!"

He's a mental genius! I can only assume his team talk went something like.....

Pascal you are going to play full back, make sure you use that Cruyff as liberally as you do up the field.

PVH and Levi you two are centre halfs but if you fancy a go at playing centre forward then no problem just make sure the other is covering.

Pervis, Moises you two play wherever the f*** you like I trust you.

Julio, it's not really worked for you the last couple of games playing wide, stick in the middle of the park and just run at them and if you get chance let one fly.

Steeley you are going to play sweeper, don't worry about gloves you won't need them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here