Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whale spotted in central London

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No, really.

From BBC...

A large whale has been spotted in the River Thames in central London by boaters and sightseers.

The mammal, thought to be a pilot whale which can grow to 20ft, was seen swimming past the Houses of Parliament.

"I saw it blow, it was a spout of water which sparkled in the air," said Tom Howard-Vyne, who works at the London Eye, on the other side of the river.

The whale is believed to have travelled upstream passing the Thames Barrier early on Friday morning.

'Breathing normally'

"It was on this side of Westminster Bridge and 10 minutes ago it was near the House of Commons, " said Mr Howard-Vyne. "It was an amazing sight."

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) sent a lifeboat to check up on the whale's condition.

Liz Sandeman, a medic of the Marine Connection, a whale and dolphin protection charity, accompanied the RNLI to examine the animal.

"It looks quite healthy and quite relaxed," she said. "It's breathing normally and its weight seems good."

She said boats in the river could be a danger to the animal.

"There's also the noise which could affect it - the Thames is extremely busy. The last thing we want to do is stress the animal out.

"Some people think it has lost its way or is not feeling well, but it's very hard to say why it is here."

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It might be Ernie

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
_41237334_whalegrab203.jpg

That could be anything!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
_wilka_ said:
_41237334_whalegrab203.jpg

That could be anything!

That's actually the turd produced by a member of King Crimson LIVE.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Hopefully it's actually Norman Baker trussed up in a cloth with an orange in his mouth after a bizarre masturbation stunt went wrong whilst he was at the Houses of Parliament

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Rusco said:
Hopefully it's actually Norman Baker trussed up in a cloth with an orange in his mouth after a bizarre masturbation stunt went wrong whilst he was at the Houses of Parliament

Can this thread be merged with the one where Kinky Hitler has taken the whole day off to pleasure himself?

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
This quote was in the Guardian article about this;

"There was no immediate comment from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott"

As Oaf said, that is because their boss is in the Thames.

Oaf? Are we talking about the paragon of Hampshire-based virtue I think we are? And where did he say this? Oh, I'm confused now... Speaking of Hampshire-based GDC, I'll see you and Monsieur Pommes about 7ish, assuming The Boss approves my request for a pass.

Incidentally, that whale's Hyperoodon ampullatus, which I thought is usually a deep-water species. f*** knows what it thought it was doing swimming up the Thames, although they are remarkably unfazed by human activity (which is why there aren't too many of the trusting little fellas left, of course). Or possibly it IS a giant turd, but then surley it should be floating downstream? Perhaps it's a homing-turd, casting around for the entrance of a stream or sewer which would lead it to its Shangri-La in Croydon, where it can discharge its biological function of reproducing and then, in between tanning sessions, writing occasional articles for the Observer.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Seagull's Return said:
Oaf? Are we talking about the paragon of Hampshire-based virtue I think we are? And where did he say this? Oh, I'm confused now... Speaking of Hampshire-based GDC, I'll see you and Monsieur Pommes about 7ish, assuming The Boss approves my request for a pass.B]

Well due to abuse on your part you are no longer included on emails, where conversations like the above happen.

7pm sounds marvelous.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
Well due to abuse on your part you are no longer included on emails, where conversations like the above happen.

7pm sounds marvelous.

I'll have you know I do NOT abuse my part. I'm very careful...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Les Biehn said:
How can any creature survive in that cess pool?

Hate to tell you but the Thames is now officially clean. Allegedly trout have been caught in it but I'm in no hurry to eat one !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here