Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wha is your Favourite Kebab and where from?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Uncle Jims are, I believe, the only place in Worthing that make their own doner rather than buy something in from a cash and carry.

didn't 'uncle jim' have a shop in brighton, near preston circus many years ago? ''pure turkish dish, not a copy''

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Used to get a shawarma at a stall in Riyadh, that has never been equalled....nearest to it in Brighton, is the Lebanese place opposite the Temple Bar.

Same here but probably a different stall. I lived near Arabi's (name of Egyptian manager) in Nasyria, near the Ministry of Information. spent a lot of time in between shouting at Princes eating in there. The breakfast was brilliant, especially the kibda.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
:)
I was in Malaaz and Suleymaniyah...used to get wicked kebabs down by the old fort in the center....used to buy them a couple at a time..topped off with fresh mint..outstanding.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Last kebab I got was a chicken shawarma from Albion Kebabs and it was bloomin' marvelous.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Is Anthony's still there, just off St James' Street.
Monster kebabs.
I remember going in there on the way home one Saturday night out and requesting the biggest kebab ever.
He then produced a pitta bread the size of a shopping bag and filled it with everything, with a dash of hot chilli sauce, cost a bit mind.
A real two handed job.
I was walking back to Moulsecoomb and had to sit down on a bench at St Peters to finish it off.
I did succeed in finishing it but could hardly move after, so kipped there until the buses started running and caught one home, couldn't eat a thing till the following Monday.

Jul 7, 2003
didn't 'uncle jim' have a shop in brighton, near preston circus many years ago? ''pure turkish dish, not a copy''

Legend has it that back in the day, the original Uncle Jim and his wife used to set up kebab shops in towns where there was little competition, would run them for a couple of years, sell them on to other members of the Turkish community and then start again. I'm sure the Brighton was was one of theirs and there were a few around the South East.

Uncle Jims in Worthing has been owned by the same family now for quite a long time with the current owner being the son-in-law of the person who took over from 'Uncle Jim'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here