Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've signed someone - Aaron Hughes

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ward and a keeper and defence is sorted then.

Midfield is sorted

Up front sorted if we dont lose Ulloa

All in all we are pretty near to a play off first 11

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Happy with that. We need cover... we got it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ask anyone worth their salt in the game and they will tell you Aaron Hughes is a solid professional, relaible and dependable. He can cover in a number of poisitions and will bring a knowledge and experience to the dressing room.

Top signing.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Just a thought. Do you think the club may not look to bring in Ward, thus saving some of the budget for attacking players? With Hughes being able to cover at left back and centre back and with maybe Maxi able to cover both along with Calderon if necessary will the club think we have all that's needed without Ward?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just a thought. Do you think the club may not look to bring in Ward, thus saving some of the budget for attacking players? With Hughes being able to cover at left back and centre back and with maybe Maxi able to cover both along with Calderon if necessary will the club think we have all that's needed without Ward?
If Sami wants the full backs playing higher up the pitch then Chicksen is the obvious choice IMO.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughes says he had a number of offers but chose Brighton because it had Prem League ambitions and because he respects Hyypia having played against him many times.

I had a couple of things on the table and I was having a good think about what direction I wanted to go in at this stage of my career, being a little bit older now and more experienced.
“I just had to get a feel for what I wanted to do and I would love to get back into the Premier League again and I saw this as an opportunity to do that, and not only go up but stay up.

More via http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/hughes-here-to-be-part-of-something-1758786.aspx

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hughes will add some much needed pace and guile to the side. :smokin:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It's not a bad thought, and I agree with Justice's response to you. It's quite clear to me that if Ward signs, then we give up on Chicksen. As much as I thought Ward was brilliant last season, I'd rather go with Chicksen (with all the cover you mention) thereby freeing up more for a wide attacking player. All of this makes you understand that the club are doing the right thing -- if such reports are true -- by playing hardball with Ward over wages: we really don't need him that much to spend so much on him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hughes is a good signing. A decent replacement for the SUPERB Matt Upson

Now, does Hughes wear PROPER boots?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Hughes is a good signing. A decent replacement for the SUPERB Matt Upson

Now, does Hughes wear PROPER boots?

Apparently not..... disappointing.

Aaron-Hughes.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That looks like a solid back four. They would certainly scare the opposition. I hope we are in for Doink, Wink & Pink to join Dink, I think he may feel a little lonely without them.

Doink's dead.

My god I had no idea. I hope his little friends have found peace and comfort and have managed to forge a life and career without their special friend. RIP Doink.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Great news and hopeful of more to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here