Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We've never beaten you"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Accrington are currently a league 2 side : shrug:

Yes, I thought they were called Accrington and not AS but having checked it, I was wrong. The two Stanleys aren't connected, the original club died in the 1960s and the new one was formed in 1970, there's no legal connection between the two. Like I said, Gateshead and AS always go together in my mind as they disappeared about the same time

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I am pretty certain Chelsea are the only league side we have played and never beaten in a league game. We did beat them in an FA Cup game back in the 1930's though. By my reckoning we've never played Burton Albion, Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood or Morecambe, should these clubs even count towards the list as we've never met them so it's a bit difficult to beat them. We've beaten the old version of Newport and the current club are a continuation of that.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I am pretty certain Chelsea are the only league side we have played and never beaten in a league game. We did beat them in an FA Cup game back in the 1930's though. By my reckoning we've never played Burton Albion, Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood or Morecambe, should these clubs even count towards the list as we've never met them so it's a bit difficult to beat them. We've beaten the old version of Newport and the current club are a continuation of that.

Chelsea are the only team we have never taken a league point off. (Of those that we have played)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Chelsea are the only team we have never taken a league point off. (Of those that we have played)

yeah,don't know how

played them off the park at the Goldstone one night

they nicked one & we lost 1-0

I think it was Beasant in goal for them,played an absolute blinder

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Showing your age there...Maidstone were a football league club in the 90s and also who we signed Mark Beeney from!

..and Mark 'run and run at speed at all angles, and eventually disappear up my own backside but still kept the ball' Gall

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
yeah,don't know how

played them off the park at the Goldstone one night

they nicked one & we lost 1-0

I think it was Beasant in goal for them,played an absolute blinder

Yes I remember it well - Kevin Bremner guilty of quite a few missed chances...!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
bet the op's glad he started this one ??

Yeah. I found out that we'd beaten United and Arsenal (twice!) and gained a new website to 'favourite'
Left slightly baffled by the Accrington diversion, but hey ho. Happy days.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Didn't we beat MK in the paint pot a few years back at Withdean? Don't know if you'd relay call it a 'competitive' fixture though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here