Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've never beaten a relgated prem team

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Since being in the championship we have never beaten a side that has been relegated from the prem , last year our 1st season back in the championship we played relegated

Blackpool lost 3-1 & drew 2-2 ,this season 1-1
West Ham lost 1-0 lost 6-0
Birmingham Drew 0-0 Drew 1-1, This season lost 1-0

Relegated from the prem last season
Wolves drew 3-3
Bolton drew 1-1
Blackburn ? ?
Not sure but Hull city & Middlesbrough were relegated a couple of seasons ago from the prem and never beaten either of them two yet either

With Birmingham coming up again this weekend hopefully this stastistic can be overturned

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sunderland 2-1 around 2004, also Leeds didnt we win 1-0?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Most of the teams in the Championship have been in the Premiership at some point so we've beaten a lot of relegated sides.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Most of the Championship has been relegated from the Prem at some point

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think the OP means beaten a side the season after they've been relegated. However that is only true if you take the past two seasons.

Back in 2002/03 season we beat Derby who'd been relegated from the Premier League the season before. Our next spell in the Championship saw us beat Leicester 1-0 at their ground, Leeds 1-0 at home in the 04/05 season and in the 05/06 season we beat Palace at Selhurst.

If you take it to include any side that has ever played in the Premier League then clearly we've beaten quite a few of them.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I take it you mean relegated since we have been in the Championship, otherwise, this thread is void.

Dec 29, 2011
Since we've been in championship
Blackpool, West ham , Birmingham
Wolves , Bolton , Blackburn
Have been relegated from prem to join us

I just added hull & Middlesbrough because they were relegated the season before we went up

Oh well that makes my last post redundant. At least you won the "Confusing thread of the day" award.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Interesting.....How about our record against sides up from Div1.
Last season.....Soton W / L Posh W / W
This season.....Posh W Sheff Wed W Huddersfield W Charlton D
Significantly better. ( 19 pts from 8 games )

Theory...Are we still a little naive as a side ( still learning/still evolving ) and those wily old pro's from the Premiership catch us out.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Interesting.....How about our record against sides up from Div1.
Last season.....Soton W / L Posh W / W
This season.....Posh W Sheff Wed W Huddersfield W Charlton D
Significantly better. ( 19 pts from 8 games )

Theory...Are we still a little naive as a side ( still learning/still evolving ) and those wily old pro's from the Premiership catch us
out.
Good point Mo just shows our position of 10th last year and 8th so far this year doesn't lie not good enough to beat top sides but fair much better against teams coming up from league 1

That's why I started this thread because playing Birmingham Saturday we can overturn my opening stat because I think were becoming stronger, like someone else said we very nearly beat Wolves & Bolton recently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here