Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve made the Jeremy Vine Show.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All light spillage is wasted energy so the light systems should be modified to not let the light escape.

If the image below is the effect of the lights then it looks like the area is in constant state of sunrise or sunset which will affect the bats and birds:

View attachment 119813

If the image below this is the effect on the street there is a hell of a lot of light spillage:

View attachment 119814

Where is that image below ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's really not. My wife does the make up on that show and I've had a really good chat with him about football and other stuff. He's a decent bloke.

I actually really like him, watch him host Eggheads and you see a totally different man, more tyhan happy to have the mick taken out of himself at times.

A totally different character to his comedian brother Tim though, who is a board member at Sutton United l believe.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's really not. My wife does the make up on that show and I've had a really good chat with him about football and other stuff. He's a decent bloke.

Are you sure that wasn’t the bloke who does impressions of Vine on the Steve Wright show?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I must admit I ‘d be pretty pissed if I lived in Falmer Village if the photos are anything to go by. Not something that was even considered when the stadium plans went in. Never mind - it’s the Premier league and anything’s acceptable. Embrace new technologies and change. Hmmmmm.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All light spillage is wasted energy so the light systems should be modified to not let the light escape.

If the image below is the effect of the lights then it looks like the area is in constant state of sunrise or sunset which will affect the bats and birds:

View attachment 119813

If the image below this is the effect on the street there is a hell of a lot of light spillage:

View attachment 119814

Its easy to take a long exposure photo if you have a decent camera, you can take a pretty decent one with a phone nowadays if you have a steady hand in order to create a photo that looks much lighter than it really is.

In the first one you can also clearly see the mist hence the apparent brightness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he discussed it yet? If not let me hazard a guess that he manages to shoehorn in how he’s a Chelsea fan :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If the image below is the effect of the lights then it looks like the area is in constant state of sunrise or sunset which will affect the bats and birds

There are no bats there. This was established (at exhaustive length) during the public inquiry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

View attachment 119813

View attachment 119814

Did they film the night time scenes for multi-award winning movie 1917 at the Amex by any chance?Cinematographer Roger Deakins will not be disappointed with that effort :bowdown:

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Just a thought,
Why does he need make up on a radio show?

I’m no oil painting, but, that’s taking things a bit far.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Its easy to take a long exposure photo if you have a decent camera, you can take a pretty decent one with a phone nowadays if you have a steady hand in order to create a photo that looks much lighter than it really is.

In the first one you can also clearly see the mist hence the apparent brightness.

Are you saying that when it is misty that the light pollution looks worse than it really is?

I'm not here to speculate on photography techniques and I haven't driven past the stadium to see it for myself. The way I see it is to save energy and modernise the light system and make it more efficient on the pocket and everyone is a winner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

View attachment 119813

View attachment 119814

Those photos are the result of foggy atmospherics. There is no way the area is CONSTANTLY like that as posted by you.

This is a photo from Sussex University showing a true picture and also showing the Uni is more light polluting than the Amex.

Attachments

• 20E6ADA1-1C9A-4865-B4A3-BC4482C6F54C.jpeg
    20E6ADA1-1C9A-4865-B4A3-BC4482C6F54C.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 209

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The New Den isn't in the middle of the downs though.
However, The Amex is in between and amongst 2 sprawling Universities.

Vine is a tw@t who never provides balance

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Like a volcano on the horizon?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is typical Vine bollocks.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Those photos are the result of foggy atmospherics. There is no way the area is CONSTANTLY like that as posted by you.

This is a photo from Sussex University showing a true picture and also showing the Uni is more light polluting than the Amex.

A true picture? :lolol:

To be fair it is very clear that this photo was taken with a long exposure. Plus we have a very well lit up building site in the foreground which won't be there in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here