Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We've lost Cuccu , Bissouma & now Mwepu...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What I didn’t get with the appointment of RDZ was why we needed another project manager, the team was playing so well he got the insight in his first game which was clearly a Potter performance. Gross was in the form of his life along with Tross he didn’t really need to change much at all. We’ve gone back to suicide passes from Sanchez to slow as shit build up play, Gross is hardly making an impact and Trossard has gone back to looking a frustrated. The bewildered subs last night failed to make any sort of impact against an average bar Toney Brentford side.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Everyone needs to take a deep breath. We drew with Liverpool and could easily have won. We lost to spurs and could easily have drawn. We lost to Brentford and if either Welbeck or March had taken a very inviting chance then result could have been different.

Some unfortunate matches That could have played out differently. Football has that random element. Last week Raya was essentially throwing them in and last night he was like pope at the Amex who then prevented a win against Germany. Tiny margins.
Not really I would of been disappointed If Sanchez had not made the same saves all efforts to close to the keeper.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have looked like the Brighton who failed to break down Sheffield United at home and, as such, it looks like the loss of key players and coaching staff has set us back over a year.

Presumably RDZ will not take that long again to turn it round. He needs to be given some time and understanding though. And, much as TB hates doing business in January we need one or two proper De Zerbi players in, particularly given we need to replace Mwepu and Trossard and Caicedo will probably be off in the summer.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Everyone needs to take a deep breath. We drew with Liverpool and could easily have won. We lost to spurs and could easily have drawn. We lost to Brentford and if either Welbeck or March had taken a very inviting chance then result could have been different.

Some unfortunate matches That could have played out differently. Football has that random element. Last week Raya was essentially throwing them in and last night he was like pope at the Amex who then prevented a win against Germany. Tiny margins.
If this if that , the fact is wellbeck not scoring fact . Every season we start weaker as a club fact . Time for Tony to reinvest or step aside

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Good post. A disappointing couple of games but could easily have been different. It's just a shame the momentum has been wiped out

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Time for Tony to reinvest or step aside

You think the man who has bankrolled, and continues to bankroll, our rise from athletics track League 1 football to Premier League football should step aside?

In favour of whom, exactly? Some Yank? A dodgy petro-state?

Get a f***ing grip.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

We miss gilt edged chances yes but we do also seem to bloody love coming up against keepers who are usually pretty average but then have an absolute blinder against us

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We miss gilt edged chances yes but we do also seem to bloody love coming up against keepers who are usually pretty average but then have an absolute blinder against us
Credit where credits due, our strikers are sublime at making goalkeepers stand out As hero's 😂

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought we were good in the first half, but very poor in the second.

Bit early for some of the alarmist nonsense in this thread IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Exactly right.

It is getting incredibly frustrating to see other teams taking their chances whilst we fluff ours as we have done for two games now.

It’s like Potter for most of the time he was here. I knew they’d be some history rewriting if De Zerbi didn’t hit the ground running, which it appeared he might have done after Anfield. Welbeck does everything very well except score, Maupay used to do that and then occasionally come up with a worldy.

The only difference I have noticed is that the “fannying about” at the back has notched up a level and in truth we are doing it pretty well. However I thought the point of this was to draw players in and then hit them quickly with slick inter passing, which we do but not quickly. Hence we end up doing exactly what we did under Potter, giving the opposition time to get back and throw bodies at the ball.

if their keeper hadn’t had a blinder ( ours had a pen against him and one shot on target which went in, he did nothing wrong and couldn’t be expected to save either) we’d have got something out of that game.

Very very disappointing but not sure we can blame De Zerbi.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was last night any worse to the loss to the Fulham under Potter? We go through poor runs but I don’t think this is a poor run.
Unlucky against Spurs and once Brentford went 1-0 they were intent on destroying the game. We had enough chances to get something from both games.
Personally I love the risky passes at the back, the space it opens up when it goes right is worse the risk. We just need to take advantage when we create the chances

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, may as well finish the season now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being concerned is not unreasonable. But the OP always seems to relish our woes, almost gloating. Weird :shrug:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
What I didn’t get with the appointment of RDZ was why we needed another project manager, the team was playing so well he got the insight in his first game which was clearly a Potter performance. Gross was in the form of his life along with Tross he didn’t really need to change much at all. We’ve gone back to suicide passes from Sanchez to slow as shit build up play, Gross is hardly making an impact and Trossard has gone back to looking a frustrated. The bewildered subs last night failed to make any sort of impact against an average bar Toney Brentford side.
It's true, but we could easily have reverted to this poorer version of ourselves if Potter had stayed. Goodness knows we had a few barren spells last season! I'm sure the training regime and tactics have changed, resulting in the players over thinking things (and perhaps Potter had nudged us past that point)... but we had enough chances to get a result yesterday. I hope that practising sticking the ball in the net is a key focus of training because we have zero natural finishers...and before everyone shouts Maupay he hasn't set the grass on fire at Everton yet.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
First eleven looks really strong but need to improve bench to give RDZ some options to mix it up a bit. Too many players without credible competition for their starting spot.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've been around.

My original post was just a call for realism. Expectations seem too high for the squad we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here