Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We've lost Cuccu , Bissouma & now Mwepu...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Did anyone really think this was going to be any different than a struggle this season with no notable investment (apart from an inferior cuccu replacement) ?

It's a bit depressing but the fact is that without these players we have gone backwards and are now back to being a 15th/16th placed team. We had a great start to the season but are now reverting back to mean.

The EPL is incredibly unforgiving and frustrating.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And Neal. Don’t forget Neal.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ow, and Potter. Don’t forget Potter

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ow, and Bruno. Don’t forget Bruno

(someone else take over please!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's quite incredible who has moved on from Albion in the last few months...

Technical Director - Dan Ashworth
First Team Head Coach - Graham Potter
Assistant Head Coach - Billy Reid
First Team Coach - Bjorn Hamberg
Senior Player Development Coach - Bruno
Goalkeeping Coach - Ben Roberts
Assistant Head of Recruitment - Kyle Macaulay
Top goalscorer - Neal Maupay
Player of the Season - Marc Cucurella
Player with the Best Song: Yves Bissouma
Tallest Left-back in the Whole Wide World Ever: Dan Burn
Chief Mentalist - Florin Andone
DJ in Residence - Jurgen Locadia
Hope the above helps...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hope the above helps...
We could probably get Andone back.

Wherever he is someone would probably drive him.

or get someone else to drive him who didn't know what he was like.

Edit

And Locadia if he wasn't allowed to put any cassettes on.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Did anyone really think this was going to be any different than a struggle this season with no notable investment (apart from an inferior cuccu replacement) ?

It's a bit depressing but the fact is that without these players we have gone backwards and are now back to being a 15th/16th placed team. We had a great start to the season but are now reverting back to mean.

Still 7th in the league, you've gone early on this thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We always knew we would lose players (and others) but the process seems to be going too fast, a bit like out of control.

White went; we all knew it was going to happen. Top dollar. No problem.
Burn left: unexpected - could have squeezed out a bit more Saudi blood money maybe, but not a problem.
Ashworth went; unexpected, but his job here was done. He'd set up the structure needed for others to carry on.
Biss went; expected, planned, succession in place. Price a tad disappointing. Yes, I know he only had one year left on his contract. I understand perfectly so no need to explain to me again........still the price a tad disappointing then.
Cucu went; unexpected, and a big disappointment. At least we got a good price.
Brighton 5 Leicester 2; the apogee. 4th. place in the PL and looking worth every bit of it. We were sailing! My Albion mojo has never been in a better place!
Then The Queen died - all momentum ceased (we've only got one point from nine under Charlie)...............
Into that vacuum; Potter went - just when it looked as if the project was starting to come to fruition.
Then we lose Mwepu; totally unexpected, and tragic for the lad.....and RdZ appears to be taking over where Potter started rather than where Potter left off - and just at the moment I'm wondering if the wheels haven't started falling off.

Hoping against hope I'm wrong - but my Albion mojo is in a slightly concerned place!

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You didn't mention marbles :D

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We always knew we would lose players (and others) but the process seems to be going too fast, a bit like out of control.

Burn left: unexpected - could have squeezed pout a bit more Saudi blood money maybe, but not a problem.
Ashworth went; unexpected, but hos job here was done. He'd set up the structure needed for others to carry on.
Biss went; expected, planned, succession in place. Price a tad disappointing. Yes, I know he only had one year left on his contract. I understand perfectly so no need to explain to me again........still the price a tad disappointing then.
Brighton 5 Leicester 2; the apogee. 4th. place in the PL and looking worth every bit of it. We were sailing! My Albion mojo has never been in a better place!
Then The Queen died - all momentum ceased (we've only got one point from nine under Charlie)...............
Into that vacuum; Potter went - just when it looked as if the project was starting to come to fruition.
Then we lose Mwepu; totally unexpected, and tragic for the lad.....and RdZ appears to be taking over where Potter started rather than where Potter left off - and just at the moment I'm wondering if the wheels haven't started falling off.

Hoping against hope I'm wrong - but my Albion mojo is in a slightly concerned place!
You've summed up exactly my thought process over the last little while and how I'm feeling at this point!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Burn left: unexpected - could have squeezed pout a bit more Saudi blood money maybe, but not a problem.
Ashworth went; unexpected, but hos job here was done. He'd set up the structure needed for others to carry on.

Agree but also not, think Potter had an easy start (slate me if you will) we’d already lost to Fulham, the seeds had been sewn for this kind of unclinical Brighton already this season, no need to worry yet.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Everyone needs to take a deep breath. We drew with Liverpool and could easily have won. We lost to spurs and could easily have drawn. We lost to Brentford and if either Welbeck or March had taken a very inviting chance then result could have been different.

Some unfortunate matches That could have played out differently. Football has that random element. Last week Raya was essentially throwing them in and last night he was like pope at the Amex who then prevented a win against Germany. Tiny margins.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

you are such a negative person aren't you , the fact is Potter has royally f***ed us over and as always we just blow hot and cold and waste a lot ball pissing about at the back 20 odd goal attempts and they had 3 and scored 2 of them...:rolleyes: if my eyes roll back any further my head will burst...so yes you are right , same old shyte but i would say with good reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here