Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've been priced out of...

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Dont believe everything you read

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Sounds like a poker play by Tony Bloom to me. If other clubs think we're minted then they will raise the stakes. If they hear Gus complaining that he doesn't have sufficient funds, they may, just, be more realistic in their expectations. But then, I could be completely wrong.

Possibly, but it has lost us out League Cup place, and a possible five valuable points.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Sorry? What? It is in lots of articles today. Are you suggesting Andy Naylor has made it up?

It woul'nt be the first time a journo has made up a story Do you think Blooms wants his budget splashed all over the papers
And in any case might just be that we did'nt want to pay that much for that paticular player

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It woul'nt be the first time a journo has made up a story Do you think Blooms wants his budget splashed all over the papers
And in any case might just be that we did'nt want to pay that much for that paticular player

Really? There is no relationship with any particular player? Just Gus talking about the need for a quality striker in general.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Really? There is no relationship with any particular player? Just Gus talking about the need for a quality striker in general.
like i said a paticular player Dont think he would name them JUst Guz being Guz And the op said it's Frederic Piquionne!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Not surprising if Gus doesn't have endless money to splash out anyway, is it?
This club has been proud to stay in existence and rise again, by frugal spending and responsible business accumen. We lost The Goldstone by going behind financially - a lesson has to be learned from that too.
There's no reason why ANY manager should have his work done for him by simply lumping the huge money in the pockets of expensive players. Gus has to compete AT THIS LEVEL and with normal funds available too. If he buys anyone who turns out to be a liability and a loss (there have been some ridiculous wastes of ££ in the league), and also has a malcontented squad because of wages unevenly distributed - it's a recipe for complete failure and ruin.
The board are smarter than that - leave it to the Portsmouths to be an example of cavalier behavior.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I must admit I am a little perplexed as to how Ricardo Fuller signs for Charlton yet we are still left in limbo (allegedly). He would have hardly broken the bank and I suspect The Addicks are less on a par with us in terms of financial "clout"

Oh, wrong thread....

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We are getting close to the end of the transfer window now, it is not a time to start saying we can afford this/that and have lots of money. I believe we will sign a striker before the end of the window but there is going to be some hardball played in negotiations to get the best value and in Tony B we do have an expert at this game.
The next week could prove a very long and painful one on here and we are linked with every striker to ever have played the game in the last 10 years.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I suggest you tike time to actually read what GuS has said.

I was replying to the op And he has stated Frederic Piquionne! But it could be any striker that we want But just dont think he's worth that money

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I must admit I am a little perplexed as to how Ricardo Fuller signs for Charlton yet we are still left in limbo (allegedly). He would have hardly broken the bank and I suspect The Addicks are less on a par with us in terms of financial "clout"

Oh, wrong thread....

Last I knew, FatAddick was on here saying how they were on the verge of financial trouble, and had next to nothing to spend. Bit worrying if we can't compete with that.

Piquionne is supposedly on circa 30k a week at West Ham, i'd not want us to pay even 30% of that given his recent record.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They got taken over, didn't they? Some Mexican consortium, I seem to remember.

Just googled it and can't find anything, not to say they didn't though.

This was the start of this summer, as FatAddick was on here saying how they thought they'd be going straight back down. Strange.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
One thing that would be a whole lot worse than being priced out of Frederic Piquionne would be outbidding another club on wages/contract length for Frederic Piquionne. Stop lapping up these soundbytes anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here