Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Weston Mckennie

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Indeed, something tells me though that Caicedo in particular may have already been promised to another club, maybe as early as January when he was told he could leave for Arsenal, as long as he stayed with us for the remainder of this season.

Pure conjecture, but it makes sense to me.
Rumours are that Arsenal will bid £92m for Declan Rice in the summer. I can’t believe they will sign Rice and Caicedo?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Rumours are that Arsenal will bid £92m for Declan Rice in the summer. I can’t believe they will sign Rice and Caicedo?
Here’s the stumbling block for a lot of these transfer rumours. It’s very well Arsenal wanting Caicedo, and Rice, and whoever else. But can they afford them? Their shopping list is more than just those two players, and if this £200m budget is anywhere near correct, then they’re going to have to make some choices. You won’t get much change out of £200m for Rice & Caicedo, so where’s the money going to come from for the striker, left back, & winger they also seem to want? Caicedo & MacAllister probably will go, but it won’t be as straight forward as some think.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Here’s the stumbling block for a lot of these transfer rumours. It’s very well Arsenal wanting Caicedo, and Rice, and whoever else. But can they afford them? Their shopping list is more than just those two players, and if this £200m budget is anywhere near correct, then they’re going to have to make some choices. You won’t get much change out of £200m for Rice & Caicedo, so where’s the money going to come from for the striker, left back, & winger they also seem to want? Caicedo & MacAllister probably will go, but it won’t be as straight forward as some think.
I’m assuming the 200m doesn’t include sales?
Selling Tierney, Balogun, Holding, Xhaka and Patino going will help cover the other positions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I read only this morning, that they allegedly have a £200m war chest to spend this summer, it will be interesting to see who they spend it on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton and Aston Villa are reportedly interested in Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie while Cristiano Giuntoli will continue talks with Sergej Milinkovic-Savic’s agent on Monday.

The Serie A giants are focusing on sales before making new purchases.

They are close to reaching an agreement with West Ham for Denis Zakaria and hope to send McKennie and Arthur to the Premier League.
Sunday’s printed edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (page 4) claims Roberto De Zerbi’s Brighton are interested in the USMNT international. As per Tuttosport, Aston Villa also want the ex-Leeds loanee who has previously been linked with Milan, Roma and Borussia Dortmund.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No thanks on Weston. Looked unfit at Leeds and they weren’t a fan. Not good enough for Leeds then certainly not good enough for us.,

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Zakaria is a great signing for West Ham.
Did he have any success at Chelsea? Seems like a gamble to me.

He played against us for 74 minutes and was taken to the cleaners in our away victory. That was his last appearance for Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here